Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guide help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I just got my Hopper today and so far so good. One question. When I push the guide button it comes up with My Channels. It was HD Channels. What is my channels? Is this the ones I subscribed to? Why I ask is I wanted to record 342 which is the western channel but it didn't show when it was on hd channels. Am I good with it on my channels or do I need all channels as the default?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

My channels are those you subscribe to and is the default setting for the receivers. Pressing the guide button allows you to scroll through them but every time you turn on the receiver is should revert back to My Channels. All channels by be something to view if you feel like upgrading your subscription package, but a lot of unsubscribed channels do not show, mostly ones you can order by using your remote. Westerns do not show in HD channels since it is not an HD channel.

#3 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I just got my Hopper today and so far so good. One question. When I push the guide button it comes up with My Channels. It was HD Channels. What is my channels? Is this the ones I subscribed to? Why I ask is I wanted to record 342 which is the western channel but it didn't show when it was on hd channels. Am I good with it on my channels or do I need all channels as the default?

If it's too much to go through all the channels in My Channels you can setup a Favorites List.;)

spam firewall