Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Double Reset

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I was searching through threads to see if I could get help with my smart search issues. It's not seeing all times and channels of some shows I want to watch/record and while I've experienced this over the last month it is apparently getting worse. I keep seeing references to a double reset can sometimes fix this problem. Is double resetting just hitting the red button on the front of the DVR twice or is it another of the reset options? Also, if its not the red button type will this resetting cause me to lose my recorded DVR shows and series settings?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,097 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

It's two resets within 30 minutes. I would still do it via the menu, and not right before a recording is scheduled to start. It deletes the guide data, though it gets the first few hours right off generally. It can take 24 to get everything.

#3 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

It's two resets within 30 minutes. I would still do it via the menu, and not right before a recording is scheduled to start. It deletes the guide data, though it gets the first few hours right off generally. It can take 24 to get everything.

So, do the one that says reset defaults (the middle option)? Will that cause me to lose what's on my DVR and my series settings?

#4 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

So, do the one that says reset defaults (the middle option)? Will that cause me to lose what's on my DVR and my series settings?

No its the one that says "Restart Receiver". And you won't lose series links or any recordings. Reset defaults will change all your set ups back to the factory settings.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#5 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Well, I did that and the smart search is still not working properly.

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Well, I did that and the smart search is still not working properly.

There have been quite a few posts of Smart Search not working correctly. I've had it where I can see the show in the Guide and Smart Search does not list it at all. I've also had it where a specific episode is not listed while the regular search on my H25 showed all the episodes. I've also had the infamous No Episodes Found issue where it lists the show, but can't find any episodes. Hopefully, this will be corrected.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

In the last few days the smart search feature has become almost useless. Almost like it was dying when I first posted this and on life support now. To make matters worse the iPad app works less and less frequently now. That sucks because that's how I was looking up shows. The iPhone app works but it was saying I successfully set a recording and it never recorded on the DVR! What is going on with their equipment and services?!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...