Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDCP Heads up

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   jclam

jclam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

In CT I have HR20-100, component out to Slingbox ProHD then component out to TV and no issues with HDCP. Resolution from HR20 selected to 720p, 1080i, 1080p.

In KY I have Slingcatcher cat 5 from cable modem, HDMI to HDCP compliant TV. No issues with HBO until recently.

Changed the resolution at the CT HR20-100 to 720p only, HBO worked sporadically in KY. Changed the KY connection to component, still works sometimes, other times get HDCP error. No issues at all for CT tv.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   tjofamber

tjofamber

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

I called panasonic this morning about my th-50px600u tv and they are sending me a new firmware update. Will see if this works.

#43 OFFLINE   Phil17108

Phil17108

Mentor

• Registered
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOrange County California

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

I am looking into a work around to this problem with the HDPC with about $50 more bucks worth of Monoprice HDMI splitter and HDMI to component converter to make the dvr think its just putting out a HDMI only. I would not do it but what if content protection gets to every thing we see. I have this problem with 2 set ups, and one I fixed by using a Monoprice 4X2 HDMI switch that I have in a deferent way. I am running 5 sets from 1 HR21/23/24 and using component on 2 of the sets.

#44 OFFLINE   ghontz1

ghontz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

It's a good i didn't have any problems at all so far, I would have canceled all of the premium channels immediately.

spam firewall