Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Eureka - "Lost" - 4/16/2012 (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Fifth and final season! Thank you Syfy, but damn Syfy, this should have run a couple more years!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

OK, so what did you all think?

I have to give kudos to Kavan Smith. He did a great job with the Andys and the mood changes, moving from friendly to creepy to menacing with aplomb.

When Zane was shocked I had a feeling the "reality" of Eureka was not the real reality, and the ending bore that out. I knew Beverly had to be involved in some way, and now I can't wait to see how this plays out.

This show is just so inventive and creative and smart that I really wish Syfy would have given it a few more years. Before Warehouse 13 this was Syfy's top-rated show, and it is just so much fun...

I'm going to enjoy this last season.

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

OK, so what did you all think?

Wow...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,631 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

When Zane was shocked I had a feeling the "reality" of Eureka was not the real reality, and the ending bore that out. I knew Beverly had to be involved in some way, and now I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I had wondered (given what we knew to expect) from almost the very beginning if they were somehow experiencing a shared dreaming state in stasis.

I didn't feel the reality was real, because I just can't see Jack and Jo together... though I have to give major credit to Colin and Erica for making it believable enough to doubt my feelings on the matter... major props to Salli (recently seen on "The Finder") for repeatedly making my heart break prior to the big reveal.

I was kind of surprised that Zoe wasn't in Jenna's drawing. Yeah, she's off at college, she's not biologically related to Jenna, and Jenna isn't as old as Kevin, but you'd think she'd be home at some holidays like we saw in the Christmas episode.

I felt the same way about Beverley... I was expecting her.

~Alan

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,492 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Ok, so I've watched it again and thought about it...

If the whole season is like this I'm not going to like it. What a crappy way for an amazing show to come to an end.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,631 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Ok, so I've watched it again and thought about it...

If the whole season is like this I'm not going to like it. What a crappy way for an amazing show to come to an end.

Colin Ferguson said something about how the first three episodes were darker than they've ever done.

I don't know if that was implying that the storyline will end by then, or if it lightens up after that.

Either way... as long as it ends well, I'll enjoy the ride! :)

~Alan

#7 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, I'm going along for the ride, too, and will trust that the writers have something good in mind to bring us that happy ending the characters and fans deserve.

spam firewall