Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RSN-very confused

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   newred5

newred5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Live in the 34952 zip code. I put my zip code in the RSN lookup and it shows the following channels I'm supposed to get with a choice or higher base package! 646,649,653,654? I don't get channels 646 or 649. I called in late Feb and was told I was supposed to get channels 646,649, 653, 654. I was sent up the line to advanced tech support and after a very long time on the phone they determined that even though I should get those channels I wasn't currently getting them. They "escalated " the problem, gave me the Sports Pack free for 30 days and assured me that once the 30 day free Sport Pack ended , this issue would be resolved .
Well the 30 day Free Sports Pack has ended and still no channels 646 or 649 . I called yesterday and was sent to 4 different CSR, Techs and finally sent to retentions dept. First two CRS s told me that I was only supposed to get channels 653 and 654. I pointed out that the Directv website under RSN lookup by zip code show that I was paying for channels 646,649,653 and 654 . They both told me that I was wrong and that's not what the look up tool said !!!! I offered to send them a screen shot and they both declined . They then sent me to a advanced tech team and they were confused as well. They retentions person looked up the notes in my account from my original call told me that yes I was supposed to get those channels and put me on hold for a long time. she came back on the phone and told me the problem was I had an expired package -Choice XTRA- and that yes I should have those channels but only if I upgraded to a new choice or higher package. I pointed out that I have a choice package as required by the websites RSN lookup tool. She didntbhave an answer other than I needed a choice or higher package tonget those channels .. I have a choice package so I'm very confused on why I don't get the channels I'm paying for
Can anyone help me here ??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

RSN lookup tool on the D* website is wrong. You only get 2 RSN's in your zip code: Sun Sports & FSN Florida.

#3 OFFLINE   newred5

newred5

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

That's one of my points , I use the lookup tool to see which RSNs I get it shows the four of them (recently moved here ) . I have had two directv persons , one an advanced Directv Tech support person tell me I m supposed to get all four of those RSN channels ....

#4 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

As Justin stated only two RSN's in Fl, 653 & 654
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#5 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

That's one of my points , I use the lookup tool to see which RSNs I get it shows the four of them (recently moved here ) . I have had two directv persons , one an advanced Directv Tech support person tell me I m supposed to get all four of those RSN channels ....

They were probably using the D* website as well. If they would've correctly used their internal help tool, they would've shown only those 2 RSN's that I mentioned above.

#6 OFFLINE   newred5

newred5

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Justin I assume you have access to the internal tool ??OK.... I just have no idea why the website lookup tool would show those avalible if they aren't ?? makes no sense to me.. thanks for the quick replies

#7 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

In Florida it's Sun Sports and FSN Florida. Not sure where in Florida you live (on iPad app, can't see it) but it doesn't matter. Nevermind, I see your zip code and looked it up. Anyway, I lived for a little while in Dothan, Al once. Once you cross from FL to Alabama you get the Georgia RSNs. But 2 miles back the other way in Florida it's the 2 Florida ones.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...