Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket: $200, ST MAX $300

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just to be sure.
Auto renew can be canceled at any point until the first game of the regular season starts right?

I think its longer because the first game of the season is wednesday & i think you actually have until the games start sunday to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 707 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Last year D* gave us the end of Sunday Ticket free as our loyalty gift. Great gift I thought :) However, it still shows that loyalty gift on our bill with no charge, of course. However, since this was just a "gift" will we have to cancel ST for this year?

I got that deal as well, but I had to order it each week via the remote....so I'm not worried about having to cancel it :D

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#183 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

I tried to trade in my Loyalty gift (200 receiver) for Sunday Ticket and well it didnt work. I even was speaking with retention and the best I could get was 3 months for 5 dollars off. I declined, I know it was early but its also smart planting a few seeds. Now when I call back in July I can say, I called in may and was told to call back in July. It worked last time so we will have to see.
Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#184 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Im pretty close to ordering it and paying the $199 in one shot. I just don't think there would be deals available that would lower the price like it did last year.

#185 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

I went ahead and jumped on the $199 and I am pleased. Has anyone tried to get a better deal yet and if so, did they succeed?
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

#186 OFFLINE   housemr

housemr

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

I went ahead and jumped on the $199 and I am pleased. Has anyone tried to get a better deal yet and if so, did they succeed?

They offered me 10 off for 6 months to cover some cost of the 299 version since i dont use to-go and told them 100 is a lot for just redzone.

#187 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

They offered me 10 off for 6 months to cover some cost of the 299 version since i dont use to-go and told them 100 is a lot for just redzone.

Thats why Im going with Basic ST. I never watched Red Zone. Im home on Sundays so getting the Max for me isn't worth it.

#188 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Has anyone even tried to see what kind of discount they get on ST MAX? The longer we go without hearing such (positive) experiences, the more I think this tiered set up is going to suck for those who want everything (like last year), but not get a big discount off the $300 and instead will be told to just sign up for the cheaper option.
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#189 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

It's still early, in July and August we will be hearing lots of experiences, good or bad.

#190 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Saw my first commercial for the new lower price on Sunday Ticket. My guess is they try to upsell the other package but as I said I dont see big discounts on the basic Sunday Ticket.

#191 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Saw my first commercial for the new lower price on Sunday Ticket. My guess is they try to upsell the other package but as I said I dont see big discounts on the basic Sunday Ticket.

199 ST with free upgrade to Max is what im looking for.
Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#192 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

I wonder why the price went down so much? Bad economic times in the country?

#193 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,985 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

IIRC from the financial results call they just wanted to try a different pricing model this year, in hopes of getting the folks that got NFL-ST for free as a new customer last yer would sign up for it this year.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#194 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

I had visions of this year being way over $300, so I'm more than happy.

#195 OFFLINE   webgrandeur

webgrandeur

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Logistically, I would imagine 3 customers at $200 is better than 2 customers at $300, as it gives another customer a reason not to leave D*. I siigned up since they dropped the price now, but years ago they had out-priced me. I'm glad to be getting the out of market games again, and probably kept me as a D* customer, as that is the only sports package that interests me. There might be enough customers in the same situation that it makes sense to keep it at a reasonable price for more customers.

#196 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Logistically, I would imagine 3 customers at $200 is better than 2 customers at $300, as it gives another customer a reason not to leave D*. I siigned up since they dropped the price now, but years ago they had out-priced me. I'm glad to be getting the out of market games again, and probably kept me as a D* customer, as that is the only sports package that interests me. There might be enough customers in the same situation that it makes sense to keep it at a reasonable price for more customers.

Great point sir. Didn't think of it that way.
Go Big Red!!!

#197 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

It's still early, in July and August we will be hearing lots of experiences, good or bad.

True, but that doesn't explain why people are talking about jumping on the $199 offer now. It's not like DirecTV has said that the $199 offer is a "limited time" offer, so it doesn't make sense to just sign up for the $199 right now, does it??
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#198 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

True, but that doesn't explain why people are talking about jumping on the $199 offer now. It's not like DirecTV has said that the $199 offer is a "limited time" offer, so it doesn't make sense to just sign up for the $199 right now, does it??

Nor does it make sense to wait. It isn't going to go down either.

They reached my price point. I feel $199 is a fair price for the product so I am paying it. I am not inclined to grovel for more. Many people feel they are "entitled" to better than the going rate. I feel the going rate is a fair price to pay. D* gave some to me by making the offer, in return I will accede without quarrel.

Also, by doing it now it'll be paid off before the season starts.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

#199 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Leave the personal comments out of it. If you are unable to post without getting personal then don’t read this thread and move on. If you are unable to stop yourselves from posting and getting personal we will help you out with a thread ban.

Be civil or you're gone from this thread. Discuss the topic and not each other.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#200 OFFLINE   rubocop

rubocop

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

Whatever they offer, get it in writing. Have them send you an e-mail with the offer because they will deny everything if they so desire.

spam firewall