Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket: $200, ST MAX $300

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DViper2399

DViper2399

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I will pay $150-$199 Max & will get to-go free as well as some premium channel discounts or 3months free thrown in

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

The only thing I use in MAX is the player tracker, and that's not worth $100 to me.

I'll still try to get a discount off the $199 ST though.

#23 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well.....just got off the phone w/Direct and the CSR I spoke with knew nothing whatsoever about any ST package below $299. Well, we'll just wait until something comes along....

Wow didn't even know they offered it back then! ;) I usually get credits that make it cheaper then $199 for everything, so that's what I will attempt again.

I'd go for it at that price in a minute. And for the historical record, ST was available in the early or mid 90s on C-Band for the low, low, low price (the first year) of $99 bucks! Then it went to $129 and the rest is history.

#24 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I will pay $150-$199 Max & will get to-go free as well as some premium channel discounts or 3months free thrown in

Thanks for that....:rolleyes:

#25 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Well.....just got off the phone w/Direct and the CSR I spoke with knew nothing whatsoever about any ST package below $299. Well, we'll just wait until something comes along....

I'd go for it at that price in a minute. And for the historical record, ST was available in the early or mid 90s on C-Band for the low, low, low price (the first year) of $99 bucks! Then it went to $129 and the rest is history.

Last year I paid $84 for NFL ST, 6 payment of $54 = $324 - $240 in credits = $84. And they threw in TO GO for free. The only problem this year if you say its too expensive, they may tell you to just get the cheaper package.

Attached Thumbnails

• NFLST Discounts.jpg

HR34-700, HR22-100

#26 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Last year I paid $84 for NFL ST, 6 payment of $54 = $324 - $240 in credits = $84. And they threw in TO GO for free. The only problem this year if you say its too expensive, they may tell you to just get the cheaper package.

I'd bet that's exactly the reason they are going(?) to two-tiered pricing. Frankly, all I want to do is watch football. I don't want it on my cell phone, stats on the players' bathwater, or an edited version of each game, touchdowns only. But some do. And IF you do, they're going to gig you for it.

But like I say, this afternoon ignorance of this seems to reign, at least with the calls I made. Anyone actually order it at $199 yet?

#27 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

As usual, I have no plans on getting ST but a great deal can change my mind

#28 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'd bet that's exactly the reason they are going(?) to two-tiered pricing. Frankly, all I want to do is watch football. I don't want it on my cell phone, stats on the players' bathwater, or an edited version of each game, touchdowns only. But some do. And IF you do, they're going to gig you for it.

But like I say, this afternoon ignorance of this seems to reign, at least with the calls I made. Anyone actually order it at $199 yet?

Its too early to try and get discounts. Its best to wait until they start the first payment, then call and say you are thinking about cancelling it.

And until this past year, I never even watched Red Zone. Last year I did start watching it some, but I could live w/o it. And for remote viewing on a TV or mobile phone, I have a Slingbox. Hardly used TO GO, although I let my brother use it when the local games were blacked out in his area.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#29 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

If that's the case, then they should formally offer RZC a la carte for a fair price.

#30 OFFLINE   mcees4life

mcees4life

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Yeah I may just renew with the $199 option which I would gladly pay. I have a slingbox for my iPhone and iPad so I don't need To Go but I love the RedZone channel. It's hard to justify it as a $100 upgrade though.
Sent from my iPhone

#31 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Starts on the 19th you're a couple of days early.

#32 OFFLINE   SteelersFan

SteelersFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Please let me know.

#33 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

$199 would be fine for me.
I've had ST since signing up with DirecTV in '99, but I don't play fantasy football and don't need the player tracker, and, if I'm away on a Sunday afternoon, I have Slingbox if I won't be able to avoid learning a score before I get home.

What will happen with auto-renewals? Will we have to be vigilant to downgrade at the proper time, or will we get an email or other communication before the AR is locked in?

#34 OFFLINE   AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Tough choice for me. I have become addicted to the RedZone Channel. When my game is over (or before it starts) RedZone is basically all I watch. I may switch to a big game in progress, but having someone change the channel for you and take you to the most interesting game is such a great thing. Much of my love for Sunday Ticket stems from the fact that RedZone Channel offers great value coupled with seeing my out-of-market team play. It really makes the price bearable to me. But to subtract it for $100... I'll have to think about that.

And... If DirecTV is going to tout the Player Tracker as part of the extra package, it needs to function a lot better than it does right now. Every season the player tracker has been available, I've entered my team and crossed my fingers, and every season it has been an inconsistent mess. I've started following my players on my laptop, and DirecTV skips about 75% of the updates I should be receiving. Halfway through the 3rd quarter of a game, I'll get an update on a player for the first time, and it will be for a routine play ("P Rivers to V Jackson for 8 yards"). Player Tracker in its current form could vanish and I wouldn't mourn the loss.

To Go is one of those options that (at least for me) I never want until I need it. I always end up getting it when the option has been there because I'm so certain that I'll otherwise miss a game when away for holiday events at the end of the season. I've only used it a couple times that I can remember.

So for $100 savings I can dump three features, two of which I could live without and one that I love. Tough choice. At least it's not a price increase.

#35 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

I want to know how you got the large NHL credit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACJ2
Please let me know.Please let me know.

LOL Was thinking that exact same thing
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#36 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

...so can we 'deal' from the $199 price....or will DTV be hard-line?:confused:

#37 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

...so can we 'deal' from the $199 price....or will DTV be hard-line?:confused:

Wait and see when summer gets here.

#38 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

For $199 I'll just pay it...no questions asked. No begging.

They've reached my price point.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

#39 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

For $199 I'll just pay it...no questions asked. No begging.

They've reached my price point.

I agree, that is a pretty fair price now. I still like paying $84 and saving $115 in exchange for a 10 minute phone call. I don't know about you, but I don't normally make $690/hr ($199 - $84 = $115 for 10 minutes of time x 6).
HR34-700, HR22-100

#40 OFFLINE   CincySaint

CincySaint

AllStar

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Just logged in to the D* site and yes I see two options ST and ST Max. Wow -- $200 -- I feel like I'm stealing after all these years of escalating prices!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...