Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket: $200, ST MAX $300

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

They can't seem to make up their minds with these add ons though. First you had to buy an add on to get HD, then the add on came with HD, Red Zone, and player tracker, then they built all that into Sunday ticket but had an add on for To Go, then last year they just included everything in Sunday Ticket, now they pull To-go, player tracker and Red Zone back out and make it an add on

What the heck?????

If they are deciding to go back to add ons they need to have two seperate ones. One for To-Go and one for Red zone/player tracker. $50 each. Too many people are going to complain this year and say I only want Red zone, or I only want ToGo, why do I have to pay $100 extra. Just like people have complained for years.

Not saying that complaining is a bad thing/I've done it myself in the past to get SuperFan and ToGo for free.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'm fine with them stripping stuff out of ST. In fact, give me just the Patriots games for $100 and I'd be happy as a clam.

#43 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

If they are deciding to go back to add ons they need to have two seperate ones. One for To-Go and one for Red zone/player tracker. $50 each. Too many people are going to complain this year and say I only want Red zone, or I only want ToGo, why do I have to pay $100 extra. Just like people have complained for years.

That was my big gripe with Superfan back when that was the only way to get the games in HD. They held HD access hostage by bundling it with a bunch of stuff I didn't want to try to justify the high price of the Superfan add-on instead of a stand-alone charge for HD access.

All I want is to watch my team...one game per week...in HD. Replay shorts, RZC, Player Tracker and To Go are all non starters for me. Just let me watch my team in HD on Sunday.

I think $199 is a fair price for that...all things considered. If enough people agree D* stands to save a bundle just in CSR time and manpower resources that won't be spent haggling on the phone with subscribers looking for a better deal.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

#44 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Let's see:

All out of market games in HD :)

Mix channel :)

And the cheapest price in years. :) It seems that DirecTv is being responsive to price concerns. Thanks.

Of course, let the "I want the Red Zone", "I want the games on my phone" and "I want these features without paying any extra" whining begin.

#45 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Let's see:

And the cheapest price in years. :) It seems that DirecTv is being responsive to price concerns. Thanks.

Of course, let the "I want the Red Zone", "I want the games on my phone" and "I want these features without paying any extra" whining begin.

When D* gets in a carriage dispute is D* whining? People are willing to pay at different price points. It is negotiating at arms length with a company you have a business relationship with. It is not whining.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#46 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,015 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Here is a nice little article on it.

http://www.businessw...t-to-lure-users

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#47 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,015 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Press Release:

Lowest NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Price in More Than a Decade Rewards Loyal DIRECTV Football Fans

Sponsors NFL.com Webcast of 2012 NFL Draft to Highlight ‘Value Picks' and New Package Pricing

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV is rewarding its existing customers with the lowest price in almost a decade for its exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET package.

Current customers will pay only $199.95, more than 40 percent less than last year's price, for the full slate of NFL 2012 regular season out-of-market game broadcasts along with the Game Mix channel and the Player Tracker feature. The new package is designed to make DIRECTV's most popular sports subscription service available to as many customers as possible including those who experienced NFL SUNDAY TICKET for the first time last year.

And those customers who want access to an enhanced version of the package they can take with them wherever they go, can choose the newly branded NFL SUNDAY TICKET Max package, which offers popular features like RED ZONE CHANNEL, Short Cuts and online/mobile.

Recognizing that millions of customers will have access to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at an outstanding value, DIRECTV is sponsoring the NFL.com LIVE: 2012 Draft Webcast April 26-28, and teaming up with NFL.com analyst Michael Lombardi to name a line-up of sleeper "value picks" — those players who may have a major impact on their new team's future success or failure.

"NFL SUNDAY TICKET is an incredible product and we want to make sure it is accessible and affordable to as many of our customers as possible, so we made the decision to dramatically lower the price," said Alex Kaplan, vice president, Marketing for DIRECTV. "With these new package options we hope that those who had the service before will enjoy it again, and those who have not had a chance to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET will take this opportunity to experience this fantastic service for the first time."

DIRECTV's unique "value picks" platform on NFL.com is based on the fact that many of the league's most successful players were names that went "under the radar" on draft day and ended up being the most valuable decisions ever made by their teams. When the 2012 NFL Draft is complete, Lombardi will issue his definitive list of Top-10 "Value Picks" from the 2012 draft. The 10 players chosen on the 2012 "All-Value" team will receive DIRECTV systems and one year of complementary DIRECTV® service, including NFL SUNDAY TICKET, so their families can follow all of the action during the players' rookie seasons.

Current DIRECTV customers who purchase the 2012 NFL SUNDAY TICKET service for $199.95, will be able to watch every regular season game live every Sunday afternoon in HD, along with the Game Mix Channel that features up to eight live games on one screen complete with scores, stats and standings; Player Tracker, a must-have for fantasy fans who can follow player and team stats throughout the day; and highlights on demand.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX is available for $299.95 (and only $100 for existing NFL SUNDAY TICKET customers who want to upgrade) and offers all the games in HD, Game Mix, RED ZONE CHANNEL, Short Cuts, online/mobile, Player Tracker, score/stats/standings and highlights on demand. For more information on the NFL SUNDAY TICKET offers visit www.DIRECTV.com/nfl.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#48 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

I called CSR on another matter before even reading this thread and was just told that ST was $299 and they werent offering discounts yet.

#49 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

For $199 I'll just pay it...no questions asked. No begging.

They've reached my price point.

Yeah I'd do that too. I dont care about games on my phone or those other things for the extra $100.

#50 OFFLINE   VARTV

VARTV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 441 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA, USA

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Would love the idea of building your own Mix channel...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

With DirecTV since October 2004. My complete setup on 1/1/2013...

#51 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Interesting they pulled RZC out, I wonder if we'll see RZC finally appear in the Sports Pack this year? $199 is very tempting, although I did enjoy streaming games to my iPad while watching another game on my TV. Then again my Slingbox can do that too. I will wait a few months and see if any other annoucements are made, but as others ahve said for $199 it's not that bad of a deal.

#52 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 644 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Last year I paid $84 for NFL ST, 6 payment of $54 = $324 - $240 in credits = $84.

...keep an eye on that $240 in credits. Usually those run over a period of say 24 months. Out of sight...out of mind....keep an eye on your bill.:D

#53 OFFLINE   mcees4life

mcees4life

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Still debating the Max option due to my love for the RedZone channel, gonna be a tough decision
Sent from my iPhone

#54 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Let's see:

Hey, you're gonna pay one way or another. They lower one thing and they charge more (or extra) for something else! Our next "automatic-yearly-price-increase" in Feb will probably be higher to subsidize the ST reduction. :eek2::lol:

#55 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

For $199 I'll just pay it...no questions asked. No begging.

They've reached my price point.

Ditto. About time they come back to earth. :icon_band
List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#56 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Oh, crap. Short Cuts is in the MAX package?

I love the short cuts...

#57 OFFLINE   OverThereTooMuch

OverThereTooMuch

Almost a new member

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

This is a great price point!

Not enough for me to restart my DTV service though (very happy with the service, just cutting costs). I think I'm going to hold out for an online-only option, or at least an offering on one of the major game consoles. Then again, it all depends on what the Bears look like in pre-season :)

I really loved RZC, but I don't need any of the other features, so MAX isn't worth $100 to me. Bummer that they didn't break all of these up into separate packages (like charge $20 per feature or something).
My Setup

Proud MS Employee, but the opinions expressed in my posts are my own personal opinions and are not intended to represent my employer's view in any way. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#58 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 693 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

RZC is the best besides my featured game, but not for another c-note, especially when I do not need/use the other features on MAX.

Who knows, maybe next year it gets adjusted. I would definitely pay the $200 for sure. Until then, sorry I will not be ordering.

#59 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I'm positive we'll ("loyal customers") be able to convince the CSRs to throw in "Max" for free. This is great news. Now, do I still play a little CSR roulette to try and get an even better deal???
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#60 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Oh, crap. Short Cuts is in the MAX package?

I love the short cuts...

You could always subscribe to NFL Game Rewind on the NFL website. You can watch every NFL game (not just the Sunday afternoon games) either in condensed format (30 minutes or less) or in their entirety with no commercials. Last season I think the cost was $40.

spam firewall