Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket: $200, ST MAX $300

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

#641 OFFLINE   Bama J

Bama J

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Just called, said "cancel" at the prompt. When the agent answered, I asked if she had any deals available for ST. She offered half off of either package, so $100 for basic, $147 for max . She then said she could add RZ to the basic for free, so took it. I then asked if there were any bill credits available to me, and she gave me $10 off for 12 months.

She then went to enter all of the info in, but for some reason, the system wouldn't let her add the RZ to basic with the half off deal. So she offered the basic package with RZ for free if I would commit for 1 year. I ain't going anywhere anyways, so I took it. Sweet deal! I got ST with RZ for FREE plus $120 in credits! :hurah::hurah::hurah:

For those who are weary about signing a 1 year agreement....the early termination fee is only $10 per month if you decide to cancel. I got $10 per month in bill credits for 1 year. Seems like a wash to me.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#642 OFFLINE   jrembree

jrembree

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Just got off the phone with retention and came away with the following deal without any hassle

1. ST plus redzone at no charge
2. 6 months free starz and HD Extra
3. 20/mo credit for 1 year

My contact was up recently and she did not reguire me to sign up for an extension.

I could not be any happier.

#643 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

Saw a commercial last night that stated Sunday Ticket this year has 'no additional charge'. What does that mean? Was looking for the small print where it said 'new subscribers only' or something, and I didn't see it.

If it's no additional charge...why are people calling in for deals?

Sandra

#644 OFFLINE   jsbromley

jsbromley

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Sandra,

I saw the same thing last night and wondered if the deal was only for new customers too?

#645 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Saw a commercial last night that stated Sunday Ticket this year has 'no additional charge'. What does that mean? Was looking for the small print where it said 'new subscribers only' or something, and I didn't see it.

If it's no additional charge...why are people calling in for deals?

Sandra

Are you sure it never mentioned "when you switch to Directv" or anything at all about new customers? That is the new customer offer, as it always is this time of year. I find it hard to believe there was no mention of switching to Directv or no mention of new customers during the the commercial. Would love to see it on you tube or somewhere else since I haven't seen it live.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#646 OFFLINE   jsbromley

jsbromley

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

I found the commercial on youtube:

If you read the fine print at the end it states "new approved customers only." I guess I will be calling CSR again this year.....

#647 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,630 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Saw a commercial last night that stated Sunday Ticket this year has 'no additional charge'.
What does that mean? Was looking for the small print where it said 'new subscribers only' or something, and I didn't see it.

I saw the same thing last night and wondered if the deal was only for new customers too?

Maybe you all should get these.

Posted Image

#648 OFFLINE   KMG 365

KMG 365

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Called a couple days ago and talked to a regular CSR and the best he could do was $210 for ST Max. Politely declined and called again an hour later. The guy offered $269 first and then $210 later. Once again, I turned it down.

Called today and got hold of retention. The lady offered $148 for Max and I almost took it. I mentioned the 12-month commitment offer that most people have gotten here and she was able to provide it for me. So, I got ST Max for $100 with a one-year commitment.

Unrelated to ST, two years ago I got free HD for 24 months. That ended around this month so while on the phone I inquired about getting another 24 months of free HD. All she could do was offer 12 months free HD, so I took it.

All in all, pretty happy with the outcome. Nice to have another year of Sunday Ticket.

Go Texans!

#649 OFFLINE   heathramos

heathramos

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

how do you get retention on the phone?

I called and said cancel but then it asked if I wanted to close the account or change programming.

I said change programming and it just kept asking a bunch of questions.
3 HR20's
1 Channel Master 4228 antenna in attic
1 Samsung 55" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Samsung 46" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Panasonic 42" Plasma (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Popcorn Hour A-400
1 Popcorn Hour C-200

#650 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

how do you get retention on the phone?

I called and said cancel but then it asked if I wanted to close the account or change programming.

I said change programming and it just kept asking a bunch of questions.

Say 'close the account'
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#651 OFFLINE   adamyork

adamyork

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Wow! That was easy. Got a retentions person on the phone and mentioned something about wanting to save some money and how I could get the Red Zone channel if I switched to cable. Without even hesitating, the rep offered me free Sunday Ticket and RedZone for extending my contract for 12 months. I jumped.

6 year DTV customer, haven't had ST for the last 3 years, had 4 months left on my most recent agreement.

Thanks to all who posted in this thread!

#652 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

No luck here, 2 calls and they wouldn't budge.

#653 OFFLINE   azbengal

azbengal

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Here is what happened when I called to get a Sunday ticket deal. I have ST Max on renewal.

First I called in 2 weeks ago and they said no deal but CSR told me to call back once the first payment hit my bill.

So I called today(payment showed up on bill), said "Cancel", and was given to a front line CSR. I asked for a deal on ST Max and he offered 34.99 for 6 months($210) and I explained I just wanted ST and RD ZN channel. Without me asking:), he said, I will note your account of the offer I gave you and will transfer you to retention where they have better deals. Nice of him to do that for me. Right then I knew I would get a little better deal.

Once I got to retention, I said I want ST and RD ZN Channel only(Do not need the rest of stuff with Max). She said she had to cancel ST Max from my account to see what deals would be available then. After a few minutes she comes back and offers me ST and Rd ZN Channel Free with a 1 year commitment. My contract ends 9/2013 due to Whole Home DVR I added last year. The commitment meant have to stay with D* until 8/2013 but since my contract ends in 9/2013 time is not added to my present contract. I said thank you. :) Never was expecting FREE with reading the posts in this thread. I also asked for HR34 deals, she said none at this time. Wasn't going to push the issue for now since I just got ST/RD ZN free.

Here is my history with D*. I have been with D* for 7 years. Presently I do have the premier package but just upgraded due to my wife wanting the movie channels for shows and me getting fox sports for pre/post game for Reds since I live in AZ. I have MLB extra innings.

Just an FYI, I have been reading DBS talk and following the Cancel/Cancel at prompts when calling in for a couple of years. But these 2 calls I have made for ST ticket, I had said "Cancel" on the first prompt where I was immediately taken to front line CSR, not retention. Never was given a prompt for a 2nd "Cancel." Unless someone knows differently, you may have to ask your CSR if you are talking to retention. If not, asked to be transferred.

Hope this helps others to get discounts.

Proof of changes.

08/02/2012 XXXXXXXX8307 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
08/02/2012 XXXXXXXX8307 Red Zone Channel 2012 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
08/02/2012 XXXXXXXX8307 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 - Charge $0.00 $0.00
08/02/2012 XXXXXXXX8307 Programming Agreement - Charge $0.00 $0.00
08/02/2012 XXXXXXXX8307 Red Zone Channel 2012 - Charge $0.00 $0.00
08/02/2012 XXXXXXXX4544 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2012 - Pre-Ssn Sprt Cxl ($49.99) $0.00

#654 OFFLINE   icewiz

icewiz

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Got my own deal.

Long time customer, 4 HD DVRs, Whole Home, Choice Extra Classic, annual NFL ST, autopay, off contract, no other packages

Had negotiated my bill down to ~$81 with some discounts but recent increases jumped it back to $86. Do get regular mailings from Verizon and Comcast that are cheaper, so I called and said "cancel" at the prompt. Talked to a nice person that sounded like she was in the south. We didn't chitchat.

Said I was looking around due to the price increase and really had to get my bill under $80. Was happy with the service but was willing to move if necessary. She gave me a 24 month autopay discount for $10/mo and that got me back under $80.

Next, asked about NFL ST, and she said that there was a deal if I re-upped for 12 months, but that Max would be extra (but discounted -- didn't ask for the discount). I asked if she could add RedZone to that, she went offline for 2-3 minutes, apologized for the wait, and found that she could "if the system would let her". She did, it did, and I was transferred to the verbal contract verification guy who was clearly not a native speaker but told me that I should be thrilled with my fabulous deal (said that about 3 times).

I said "yes" and I'm all set. Free ST, free RedZone, and a bill that is under my target. Sign me up for another year! (oh wait, I just did)

YMMV

#655 OFFLINE   Gocanes

Gocanes

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

New NFL Sunday Ticket (ST) offer for new customers begins 4/19..ST = $199/ST Max = $299 at Choice package or below..ST Free at Choice Xtra package or above (for Spanish language customers, must have Lo Maximo to get ST Free)..ST Max is $100..Red Zone channel is similar format, but not the NFL Red Zone channel that is offered by other providers..even at full price, ST Max is $50 less in 2012 than for 2011 season..

**edit done to clear things up..easier to understand if following entire thread and/or already have D*

-=K=-

Is the part about ST being free for Choice Xtra or above true? I have the premier package and don't see it listed. If I click "my sports" when logged in it gives me the option to purchase ST.

#656 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

Is the part about ST being free for Choice Xtra or above true? I have the premier package and don't see it listed. If I click "my sports" when logged in it gives me the option to purchase ST.

For new subscribers.

#657 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

Just so I'm clear when I call...what exactly is ST Max? Thank you

Sandra

#658 OFFLINE   miesque1127

miesque1127

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's the extra stuff. Short cuts, ability to watch ST on computers and smart phones, and red zone channel.

#659 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

It's the extra stuff. Short cuts, ability to watch ST on computers and smart phones, and red zone channel.

My call resulted in getting ST and Redzone, but not max. If I wanted to get the online stuff added, I wonder what it might cost, since I have Redzone?

#660 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Called again this morning and talked to a regular CRS but she still didn't give me any discount for Sunday Ticket. I told her nicely to transfer me to retention and the lady from retention gave it to me for $99 so I took it. I paid about $150 last year so I'm satisfied with the offer.

spam firewall