Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket: $200, ST MAX $300

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

#121 ONLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I can understand not showing my local team when they don't sell out but there is no excuse for blacking out the out of market games that the TV networks are playing.

You lost me on that ??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I can understand not showing my local team when they don't sell out but there is no excuse for blacking out the out of market games that the TV networks are playing.

You lost me on that ??

Me too. You saying that they block games on the NFL Sunday Ticket? I thought the whole point in having the NST was to be able to watch every game.

#123 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm disappointed.
I care more about the To Go and Red Zone then anything else.

But not sure it is worth $100 more to me.

It's a pretty smart move on their part, they made it affordable to the lowest common denominator.

Last year was ~$330, so it's cheaper for everyone.

#124 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Me too. You saying that they block games on the NFL Sunday Ticket? I thought the whole point in having the NST was to be able to watch every game.

NFLST will black out any games carried by your local CBS or FOX stations. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember.

#125 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

NFLST will black out any games carried by your local CBS or FOX stations. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember.

What happens if you're just outside the local channels that carry's the Patriots? We moved from Winchendon to Pittsfield and now have all these stupid local NY channels while living in Mass and are worried about not being able to see the Patriots play. Would there be any chance of us not being able to see them with the Sunday Ticket?

#126 OFFLINE   dshu82

dshu82

Icon

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Right, but that means they are on your local channels so they can be seen.... confused by OP's comment, there are no "blackouts" outside of local market.
D* customer since 1997

#127 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

What happens if you're just outside the local channels that carry's the Patriots? We moved from Winchendon to Pittsfield and now have all these stupid local NY channels while living in Mass and are worried about not being able to see the Patriots play. Would there be any chance of us not being able to see them with the Sunday Ticket?

You will see the Patriots games. They will either be on your local station or on the Sunday Ticket channels.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#128 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

You'll either get them via your local channel or be able to watch them on ST.

#129 OFFLINE   winste

winste

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I went into my account and they had the 2011 package still on the account. Which is of course expected.

I was able to add the $200 package to my account and the first month payment immediately showed on my account.

Will they auto-renew the Max package as well?

I am assuming that they will not auto renew since you can't have two ST packages on the same account.

Not a big deal. If I have to call and have the more expensive one taken off no big deal. Just curious.

#130 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

You will see the Patriots games. They will either be on your local station or on the Sunday Ticket channels.

You'll either get them via your local channel or be able to watch them on ST.

Cool, thanks guys!

#131 OFFLINE   Zimmy

Zimmy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

On the To Go app, they only started doing that last year for me.

It makes no sense on the To Go app, if I am unable to watch my home tv, how can I watch their broadcast???

#132 OFFLINE   Zimmy

Zimmy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Right, but that means they are on your local channels so they can be seen.... confused by OP's comment, there are no "blackouts" outside of local market.

Again, they are blacked out on the ToGo app.

So, if I am at the park and want to watch the Cowboy game (God forbid), if it is showing on CBS at my house, I am out of luck.

Makes no sense.

#133 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Again, they are blacked out on the ToGo app.

So, if I am at the park and want to watch the Cowboy game (God forbid), if it is showing on CBS at my house, I am out of luck.

Makes no sense.

It's SUNDAY TICKET to go, not NFL Sunday to go. You get the games on NFL ST to go you would get if you were in a house in that market watching NFL ST. MLB.TV is the same way. It doesn't matter that you purchased the mobile app. Regardless of where you are you only get games considered out of market. Period.

#134 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Also the Patriots sell all their recorded content to the highest bidder. Just kidding. :lol:
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#135 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm disappointed.
I care more about the To Go and Red Zone then anything else.

But not sure it is worth $100 more to me.

It's a pretty smart move on their part, they made it affordable to the lowest common denominator.

DirecTV could make it better by just offering Red Zone for around $60 total.
I would get that in a second.

My biggest issue with the standard Sunday Ticket is it gets worse every year.
Especially with the To Go app.
So, if I am in my backyard grilling some BBQ, my options are limited when watching on my iPad, usually the A games.

Your local Fox/CBS paid to have the rights to broadcast that game so they would profit off of the ad revenue. You used to be able to watch games even if they were on your local channels but this changed back in 2002 season I think.

If you can watch it on your local channel it shouldn't be an issue.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#136 OFFLINE   jhollan2

jhollan2

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

New NFL Sunday Ticket (ST) offer for new customers begins 4/19..ST = $199/ST Max = $299 at Choice package or below..ST Free at Choice Xtra package or above (for Spanish language customers, must have Lo Maximo to get ST Free)..ST Max is $100..Red Zone channel is similar format, but not the NFL Red Zone channel that is offered by other providers..even at full price, ST Max is $50 less in 2012 than for 2011 season..

**edit done to clear things up..easier to understand if following entire thread and/or already have D*

-=K=-

So is this a ploy to get those of us grandfathered on the old packages to drop them? I'm still total choice plus so I'm assuming I'm not included in the "free" for choice extra?
2 R22s, 2 HR23-700s, and 1 H21. Presently in an abusive relationship with whole home viewing.

#137 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

So is this a ploy to get those of us grandfathered on the old packages to drop them? I'm still total choice plus so I'm assuming I'm not included in the "free" for choice extra?

The offer is for new customers. In the past select customers have received outbound calls to get something similiar.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#138 OFFLINE   cb35

cb35

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I've thought about it - initial reaction annoyed RZ was ripped from the "base" package - thinking more about it and reading the Directv comments (experiment pricing with digital package). My feeling - they are either

1. throw in Max for free for those that call and qualify via their internal rating system (that still exist? was there a star system) or

2. more unlikely but allowing their reps to just get whatever they can above $199 for the max package.

#139 OFFLINE   bertman64

bertman64

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Last year I was going to cancel but got a $260.00 customer satisfaction credit. I have not read of anyone else getting a better deal! This year I don't see giving up the RZC and I don't see paying 299 plus tax to keep it as I am paying for MLB package. I do have SiriusXM on my nightstand and 4 games on Sunday from OTA so I'll probably call to cancel at end of July and see if a better offer is presented!

#140 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Your local Fox/CBS paid to have the rights to broadcast that game so they would profit off of the ad revenue. You used to be able to watch games even if they were on your local channels but this changed back in 2002 season I think.

If you can watch it on your local channel it shouldn't be an issue.

I know how it works, and I can understand why they want it that way with the actual Satellite channels in your home.

I do not understand their thinking with the To-Go apps. There should be no blackouts whatsoever on the To-Go apps. Obviously if you are using the To-Go app you are not at home, and therefore you cannot watch your local station to see the game. So your local channel isn't going to get to count you as a viewer no matter what. It's not going to hurt their numbers at all if you can catch the game away from your house on your phone/tablet. I'm fairly certain nobody in Chicago is going to sit at home and watch the Bears game on their iPad so they can see the Detroit Fox stations coverage instead of the local Chicago Fox station on their big screen TV.

What's next, are they going to start blacking out the games on the radio so you can't listen in your car? I know this is covered by seperate agreements, blah, blah, blah, but it's the same kind of mentality that's going on here.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall