Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A few miles make a hugh difference in sports teams available.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

I am curious about you saying Bobcats paying DirecTV.

Isn't the deal, DirecTV doesn't want to pay SportSouth for the extended coverage of the Bobcats?

It is odd that they don't. I get the Hawks and Grizzlies. I am 220 miles from Atlanta and about 300 to Memphis.

Yes it is DirecTV who doesn't want to pay SportsSouth for the extended coverage of the Bobcats. Time Warner Cable shows the Bobcats in the extended area.

DirecTV claims the viewership does not justify the cost but how the heck would they know if they don't pay it? But I would not get MASN if I went back to TWC and MASN Trumps the Bobcats all day long !
DirecTV customer since 1995

#27 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Yes it is DirecTV who doesn't want to pay SportsSouth for the extended coverage of the Bobcats. Time Warner Cable shows the Bobcats in the extended area.

DirecTV claims the viewership does not justify the cost but how the heck would they know if they don't pay it? But I would not get MASN if I went back to TWC and MASN Trumps the Bobcats all day long !

DirecTV has ratings data on viewership in the outer market.

#28 OFFLINE   jeepwrang3

jeepwrang3

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Comcast doesn't want anyone to watch the Flyers. Their long term business model is to reduce Flyer viewership to zero as soon as possible, but Philly fans are stubborn and just won't convert to the Devils.

Would never happen. I mean I guess i could join all 500 devils fans that showed up after the last cup, for the Parade LOL. The Phantoms had a bigger parade. I'm convinced that Devils Fans are just cockroach cowboy fans after football is done.
Long time Lurker, first time poster :nono2:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...