Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to watch DVR shows on other devices?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sammy631

sammy631

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

I have a playstation 3 and andriod phone with whole home dvr. On the playstation and phone i see my recivers and able to see shows recoreded but wont play. How can i see the shows on my devices? I read on here enabling mrv will work or unsupported whole home dvr might work? Will it? Please i need help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

You are only able to access your recordings from DirecTV HD-DVR's and HD receivers that are hooked to your network. You are not able to access recordings from a PS3 or Android or any other third party device.

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

You are only able to access your recordings from DirecTV HD-DVR's and HD receivers that are hooked to your network. You are not able to access recordings from a PS3 or Android or any other third party device.

Not quite true. You can use DirecTV2PC to watch recordings on a PC or laptop if they meet the requirements of the programs.

Also you can use the Nomad to create protable copies to watch on an iPhone, iPad, or PC. Android and Mac support I believe are supposed to be added to the Nomad at some point.

As of right now there is no way to watch recordings on a PS3 though.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#4 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Not quite true. You can use DirecTV2PC to watch recordings on a PC or laptop if they meet the requirements of the programs.

Also you can use the Nomad to create protable copies to watch on an iPhone, iPad, or PC. Android and Mac support I believe are supposed to be added to the Nomad at some point.

As of right now there is no way to watch recordings on a PS3 though.

You are right, forgot about DirecTV2PC since I only use Macs.

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...