Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV DVRs available in over 100 hotels

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Bumping this back up. Anyone stayed in a hotel that had the new Direct TV hotel package? Please list the hotel names here.

I have...

Hilton Garden Inn in El Segundo.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

We had Directv at my Marriott Grande Chateau Vacation Villa but how do I know if it is the Latest & Greatest New Package?
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#23 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,982 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Marriott Grand Château in Reno--- doesn't have it now, but it looks like it's wired for same. DIRECTV® there had ESPN, HBO, and one or two other premium movie channels. At least is was full HD!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

We had Directv at my Marriott Grande Chateau Vacation Villa but how do I know if it is the Latest & Greatest New Package?

From the press release on this product

"Pause, Rewind and Record Live TV Shows from More Than 100 HD Channels with DIRECTV's DVR - Now Available as Part of the DIRECTV Residential Experience for Hotels"
DirecTV customer since 1995

#25 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,331 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have...

Hilton Garden Inn in El Segundo.

I would hope there would be one where overnight guests to HQ could stay. Certainly wouldn't want then to suffer through cable...

#26 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I would hope there would be one where overnight guests to HQ could stay. Certainly wouldn't want then to suffer through cable...

:) For this specific feature (the DVR functionality)... I know of it at the HGI.

But in the last 4 years, there have only been a couple hotels I have been at, that were not powered by DIRECTV. (Both personal and travel).

It is funny when you walk into the room, and you see the remote, or the moment the TV turns on, and you know it is DIRECTV.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#27 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Have Directv at the Hampton Inn in Moab, Ut.

Though it does not have the DVR functionality, having a known guide and channels is a big plus.

The remote is the RC50. No color buttons but the remote has all the DVR buttons.

Menu is limited to Search and Settings & Help.
In Search, there are Titles, People, Channels, & Keywords.
In Settings & Help, there are CC, Audio Language, Parental Controls, & Help

#28 OFFLINE   Birdieman30

Birdieman30

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Holiday Inn Express, La Mesa, CA
DirecTv, you keep using this word "Everywhere."
I do not think it means what you think it means.

#29 OFFLINE   Montezuma58

Montezuma58

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

The Home 2 Suites in Columbus, GA has DirecTV receivers in each room. They don't have DVR functionality though. It's nice having HD in a hotel for the channels I watch. It's rather depressing at most hotels when they have nice TVs fed by crappy analog cable. Some of them may have the local and if lucky a couple of cable networks in HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...