Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Better Customer Service Today.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   OrangeandBlue33

OrangeandBlue33

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:15 PM

A few days ago I was trying to resolve a problem where E* had started billing me for the Superdish and Locals that weren't scheduled to be installed until the end of Feb. After getting them to remove the charges from my account I come to find out that they've some how canceled my work order for the Superdish installation and that they can't give me a good answer as to why that happened. Also, they can't give me a date in the near future as to when I might get the dish installed. They gave me the number of my local installer and said I should work with them to set up the date. The local installer tells me that they can't access the work order to set the date because it's closed. Back and forth, back and forth....... I give up!

I give it a rest for a couple days and I call back this morning and PRESTO! - Everything is cool! Very polite and helpful on the phone, no hassles and to top it off they set me up with an install date that is earlier than the one I had previously scheduled. After being a loyal customer for 6 years I felt that they were miraculously very fair and helpful on the the phone today. Maybe the shakeup is starting to have it's ripple effect already.

All's well in Champaign, IL for the time being....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

Interesting. I just called in some 921 issues. The CSR gave me his ID number right off the bat. He was very courteous and profusely thanked me for calling in the problems.

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:40 PM

Jerry - if you haven't already, please post your 921 issues (if they are receiver related) in the 921 support forum so the developers can see them. They will probably eventually get to the developers through the CSR process, but they will definitely be seen if you post them in the support forum. It's checked on a daily basis.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

Protected By... spam firewall...And...