Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice on an oldie...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   L2BENGTREK

L2BENGTREK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hello all,

I need some advice. Don't laugh too hard, but I still have a Philips DSR704 in service on my account. As you can see in my sig, I have SWM and the Tivo is plugged into 2 of the legacy ports of my SWM16. It's been this way since my Whole Home DVR upgrade at the end of February. It has been working flawlessly until today...I notice that ONLY 3 of my local channels are not working. 2 of them still appear in the guide, along with channel info when you tune to it...but picture is black. The third channel is totally gone..from the guide and everything. I've tried switching to another set of legacy ports, multiple resets, multiple guided set ups, even re-authorizing the receiver through the DTV website..nothing. Something else, every other reset or guided setup, the Tivo says it can't read a signal on SAT 2. If I reset again, sometimes it goes away. I've never heard of a tuner dropping this amount of channels without dropping others from the same transponder/sat...Are my tuners in the Tivo going bad?
Scott

Slimline 3/SWiM

Sony SXRD KDS-50A2000
HR34-700 via HDMI, Whole Home, Native On, 480p, 720p, 1080i
2 TB external eSATA
Harmony 700

Sony Bravia KDL-40W4100
HR20-700 via Component (Damn HDCP!), Whole Home, Native On, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
OTA

Hooked to regular TV's:
HR20-700, Whole Home, patiently waiting for a new TV!
2 R16-300's (1 SlingBoxed)
1 D12 standard receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=203836
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#3 OFFLINE   L2BENGTREK

L2BENGTREK

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thank you very much! I would have never guessed that it's a wide spread problem. As you can see below...my Tivo IS hacked and running the 6.2 software..guess I'm screwed...
Scott

Slimline 3/SWiM

Sony SXRD KDS-50A2000
HR34-700 via HDMI, Whole Home, Native On, 480p, 720p, 1080i
2 TB external eSATA
Harmony 700

Sony Bravia KDL-40W4100
HR20-700 via Component (Damn HDCP!), Whole Home, Native On, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
OTA

Hooked to regular TV's:
HR20-700, Whole Home, patiently waiting for a new TV!
2 R16-300's (1 SlingBoxed)
1 D12 standard receiver

spam firewall