Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No HDMI input on TV

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,007 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

It's FAKE ! No one cable can convert digital signal(s) to analog.

It's weird. At first I thought maybe it was one of those devices that has the two connection types and the hardware that does the digital/analog conversion just wasn't shown... but reading the description it sure does sound like the link claims to be just a cable.

The bad part is that a lot of people will probably get sucked in by a link like that, thinking "hey, finally a cable"... when, as you said, it can't possibly be done with just a cable.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Check out the reviews of a similar cable on AMAZON. Or better yet, buy a converter box that actually works, like THIS one from Monoprice.

#23 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,286 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

It's weird. At first I thought maybe it was one of those devices that has the two connection types and the hardware that does the digital/analog conversion just wasn't shown... but reading the description it sure does sound like the link claims to be just a cable.

The bad part is that a lot of people will probably get sucked in by a link like that, thinking "hey, finally a cable"... when, as you said, it can't possibly be done with just a cable.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to remove the URL from our posts.

spam firewall