Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Laptop speaker volume

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,684 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Who's making the 360s? ;)

Same one that makes PS3s, Wiis and iPhones. Foxconn.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,435 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Who's making the 360s? ;)

Same one that makes PS3s, Wiis and iPhones. Foxconn.

The 360's were discontinued in favor of the 370's1n 1970. As to IBM Mainframe computers (to which I'm sure you're alluding), they are still manufactured in Poughkeepsie, NY. the curret product line is called System z.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#23 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

The 360's were discontinued in favor of the 370's1n 1970. ...

I could solve most math problems in less time than it took to enter them into those computers.

#24 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,684 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Whoops, wrong 360 :)

I have to admit, I was told early on(80s) to forget PCs, that the future was in mainframes. I ignored that advice.

#25 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

Whoops, wrong 360 :)

I have to admit, I was told early on(80s) to forget PCs, that the future was in mainframes. I ignored that advice.

Oh, yeah? Oh, Yeah?? Well, when I put an IBM 360 through the paces at a 1966 Engineering Department exhibition, I concluded that computers were a fad that would fade away like the hula hoop did, and so I passed on my opportunity to get in on the ground floor.

#26 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,417 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Nope. Just the laptop division. Lexmark bought the printer division. They basically shut down the PC division.

- Merg

Huh. No loss there, worst PCs I ever used. We went from a lease contract with IBM to Apple. Huge difference.

Rich

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,417 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

I've always had great luck with Lenovo. Not so much with Toshiba.

I've had my Lenovo for almost six years, and use it for both work and personal. In my office I have a docking station, and it comes home with me, so it gets used for 12+ hours every day. It has been rock solid. It's built like a tank. I don't know how anyone could have any major issues with them.

My wife's got a Lenovo laptop that fits into her PC at work. That's the most expensive model they had at the time and she has had some problems with it, but likes it. I think it's a ThinkPad. Now she's got an IdeaPad and has had no problems with it, but I'm done with them.

Rich

spam firewall