Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about MLBN

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Am I losing it or what?

When I had direct,[ about a year ago] I sure don't remember getting the "pop up" window telling me I can't view what ever game was on at the time on MLBN. Only happened on the fox sports [baseball] channels if you did not subscribe to them.

So, now, everytime there's a game on, I can't watch it? What's the point of MLBN?

Did MLB change rules since a year ago?

Yes, I can get regional games on another channel, but I'm sure I was watching what ever game was on MLBN [at the time]

I'm sure someone has the answer here.

thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Blackout rules do apply. If you get the game locally, MLBN should be blacked out.

#3 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Blackout rules do apply. If you get the game locally, MLBN should be blacked out.

O.K. I get that, but yesterday it was Dogers and Astros and I'm in Northwest Pa.

They are not in my region.

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Was it the MLBN or MLBNA channel, being the alternate? It might be if you get the main game, MLB doesn't give you the alternate game. You may have to check with the MLB channel for their rules.

#5 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,841 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

O.K. I get that, but yesterday it was Dogers and Astros and I'm in Northwest Pa.

They are not in my region.

MLBN does regional games (2) and you get 1. With cable, it's just handled behind the scenes & you get the game on MLBN. However, with satellite they can't do it as easy so there's an Alternate MLBN feed. If you're not getting the game on MLBN, then you will get the secondary game on the alternate feed. It's the same for DirecTV.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I think the alternate channel is 5450 or 5451.

#7 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for all the info.

garys; The pop up happened on MLBN.

It appears the channels [ 5450, 5451-HD] are MLBNA. [ thanks mojo] I will tune these in when I get the next pop up and see what's playing.

thanks sigma, I just don't remember this issue when I had direct. good explanation tho.

spam firewall