Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HELP! Lost 4 of 15 local channels in Chicago and unable to Acquire data error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tas3986

tas3986

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Old tivo type boxes all lost satellite channels 2,5,7,11 of the 13-15 available channels for the Chicago area. Tech Supt had me reset satellite configutation to round (was oval). All signals are 97% or greater for the satellite, but acquiring data failed at the 87% mark. Satellite Error Info message states that it was not able to find information for all channels. ....

On my old RCA Tivo channels 2,5,7,11 say channel not available. On my hr10-250's all I get is a bkack screen for 2,5,7 channels, while 11 says channel not available. Guide data appears to be correct except for channels not available.

I should state that my hr21-100 receives everything without problems.

Any suggestions? Luckily I get the local OTA 2-1, 5-1, and 7-1 so I have not lost anything. Any ideas or suggestions? Should I just cancel local channels all together? Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Check this out.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=203836
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

spam firewall