Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Timers failed, EPG problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Got home from work a couple hours ago to find none of my shows from satellite channels had recorded. An OTA event did record. Here's a typical example from the Daily Schedule history:

Nurse Jackie
Completed: By user 2
Timer Started: 4/22 6:00pm
Recording Started: N/A
Timer Stopped: 6:30pm
Recording Stopped: N/A

Not sure how start and stop of "N/A" gets translates into "Completed."

A test timer for the next show on created from the Browse banner did fire, so timer recording does still work.

I originally tried the guide to make a test timer, but got Error 024 which said the feature is unavailable and there is no data. Going back to Browse, I expected, based on this error, to see only the current and next program but I was able to scroll across several hours into the future. Sure looked like data to me.

After a reboot I have EPG out to next Tuesday afternoon. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow's busy recording schedule.

Edited by BobaBird, 23 April 2012 - 12:14 PM.
typo

Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

I have seen this particular bug before. Every once in a while the 922 just seems to lose its mind and doesn't record stuff or it does "appear" to record if you are there watching BUT afterwards you find no recording saved and either no history OR weirdness like you mentioned.

Not sure what the issue is... but I've seen it before.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

So far, so good. A timer fired before the nightly update and another fired since. Forgot to mention there were no clouds to cause signal strength issues.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

spam firewall