Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do I need drip loops with exterior box?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dlh

dlh

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

I'm considering redoing the point of entry of the cables from the sl3.
I'm planning on mounting the grounding block inside an exterior cable box, mounting the box over the existing hole. (already have the box)
Right now, the cables run from the dish to the grounding block inside the house making dish alignment a little clumsy. (nowhere outside to connect my meter)
Wouldn't the drip loops be pointless, except for extra cable length for future use?
Any other advice appreciated.

Dave

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

That's pretty much all they're there for now.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   ds2992

ds2992

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

make sure the box is big enough to house any splitter you use and any extra cable you want stuffed in it.

#4 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 366 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm considering redoing the point of entry of the cables from the sl3.
I'm planning on mounting the grounding block inside an exterior cable box, mounting the box over the existing hole. (already have the box)
Right now, the cables run from the dish to the grounding block inside the house making dish alignment a little clumsy. (nowhere outside to connect my meter)
Wouldn't the drip loops be pointless, except for extra cable length for future use?
Any other advice appreciated.

Dave

Ah, i see you have to redo your "professional" install too... glad i am not alone:lol:

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#5 OFFLINE   dlh

dlh

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Ah, i see you have to redo your "professional" install too... glad i am not alone:lol:

Thanks for all replies. I'll consider them "service loops" from now on.
This install and reinstall has had a sordid ugly past.
I was very satisified with this current version at the time, but just decided to tweak a bit and align it myself. (I'm getting a system check error that says the dish may need to be aligned.)
I have a meter and am confident I can do it as well, or better, than "whoever" they send to do it. (makes a difference when it's yours and you care)

#6 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 366 posts
  • LocationDover, PA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for all replies. I'll consider them "service loops" from now on.
This install and reinstall has had a sordid ugly past.
I was very satisified with this current version at the time, but just decided to tweak a bit and align it myself. (I'm getting a system check error that says the dish may need to be aligned.)
I have a meter and am confident I can do it as well, or better, than "whoever" they send to do it. (makes a difference when it's yours and you care)

Most likely yes.. Most of the installers in our area well suck. you seem to be pretty local to me, if you need any help or and extra eye with this feel free to PM me.

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

spam firewall