Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x059C/0x059D/0x059E Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#141 ONLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

HR24-200
0x5c8

Issue: Sporadic problems with 30sec skip. Sometimes when hitting 30sec skip during commercials, the scrub bar jumps all the way to the end of the recording and the question pops up if you want to delete said recording or not. I was a witness to this numerous times and no, the video was not paused, it was just successions of 30skip.

Issue 2: Some local advertisements on networks like Bravo for example are not skippable at all. 30sec skip maybe jumps 2 or 3 frames, and at 29.9 fps you pretty much get nowhere. You have to go into regular fast forward mode to get past these issues.

Issue 3: The channel banner has a semi-transparent fade to it and it's been like that for weeks. Clearing NVRAM does not fix it. It really doesn't bother me so I haven't rebooted (as you can see by the date in the corner)
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   jes

jes

Icon

• Registered
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

HR20-100
Firmware: NR 0x5c8
Report # 20120508-1A06 (#3, server), 20120508-2B58 (#1, client)
Issue: No playback from Playlist local or MRV. HR20 (server) is recording 1 program.
  • from remote (#1), MRV, tried 3 different HD programs, including currently recording show, no video, no audio. only progress bar. SD shows work OK.
  • from local (#3), tried 2 previously recorded HD programs, no video, no audio. only progress bar.
  • from local, tried currently recording HD show. Plays current show at approximately live time pointer. Will scan forward & backward, but speed of scan is not correct. Progress bar moves as if it's really doing what you're asking, but can't ever get to "real" time pointer. Can't start show from beginning, even when progress bar says 0.
  • after recording completed, the just completed recording now also shows no video, no audio. only progress bar.
after server reboot, server (#3) OK, but client still won't play remote HD shows. Client doesn't play local Playlist, D* HD shows, but plays OTA HD shows. :confused: Is D* playing with HDCP? :nono:

Other Whole-Home clients play same shows OK...

Conclusion:
  • Recently recorded HD shows via D* would not play local or remote on 2 HR20s.
  • Recently recorded OTA HD and SD shows played OK.
  • No HDCP or HDMI warnings were displayed, video was black w/o audio, on HDMI, component & composite outputs.
  • "live TV" OK
  • soft reboot of the 2 HR20s fixed the problem.

Edited by jes, 09 May 2012 - 02:50 PM.
added conclusion. on 5/8 at 11:38 PM.. added more info...

DirecTV since March 1998, HD since Oct. 2003

#143 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 577 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Issue: Sporadic problems with 30sec skip. Sometimes when hitting 30sec skip during commercials, the scrub bar jumps all the way to the end of the recording and the question pops up if you want to delete said recording or not. I was a witness to this numerous times and no, the video was not paused, it was just successions of 30skip

I have the same problem if I hit the 30sec skip too fast or hold it down. The same thing happens when backing up if you hit it too fast or hold it down, it will skip to the begining of the program. I think its a feature:mad:

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x08ca AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x08ca AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x08c2
DirecTV since 1997

#144 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

It is fair to say we are staying with 0x59e for the HR24's for now. And nothing new in sight for our next fine release. It really is something that there is not one peep about what I just pointed out...I personally don't like games and especially this one.

I will be on this and every firmware release that comes down the pike. I know just the right guy to call. Nobody needs to just take it and do nothing...do something about it!

#145 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,586 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

I have the same problem if I hit the 30sec skip too fast or hold it down. The same thing happens when backing up if you hit it too fast or hold it down, it will skip to the begining of the program. I think its a feature:mad:

It is a feature, and an excellent one! Dunno about too fast, but too long will indeed invoke zip to the end.

Some may not realize that holding down the FF arrow will take you to the next tick on the progress bar, the reverse being true of the RW button.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#146 ONLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

It is a feature, and an excellent one! Dunno about too fast, but too long will indeed invoke zip to the end.

Some may not realize that holding down the FF arrow will take you to the next tick on the progress bar, the reverse being true of the RW button.

I think its a bug. Yeah I know about holding FF arrow or REV arrow to take you to the next tick. I mean why would you want to go to the end... just to make the "Delete, Keep ?" box come up? Just exit out and delete it from the playlist if you want to delete it. I could understand a shortcut to skipping to the BEGINNING but not to the end (I mean its the end... its over... what do you want there, theres nothing more to watch, shows done!) Anyway it happens to both the Wife and I. Neither of us are ever holding down the skip. We push, push, push, push, push, push it!

Skip to tick works great. Unless the half hour program is 29 minutes or less and you don't even get a halfway tick mark! (cough cough Tosh.0).

Anyway its just one of those annoyances that makes me wish the FCC opened up access like they did with Cable providers. Then we could build a media center 7 box with a 6 tuner DirecTV card in it and get fast performance and use media center extenders / xbox at secondary sets.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#147 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,586 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I think its a bug. Yeah I know about holding FF arrow or REV arrow to take you to the next tick. I mean why would you want to go to the end... just to make the "Delete, Keep ?" box come up? Just exit out and delete it from the playlist if you want to delete it.

Sometimes I do that exact thing. Having several ways to accomplish the same task works well for me.
If you're constantly hitting the end without meaning to, perhaps that key is sticking a tad. Have another remote to try?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#148 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

It is fair to say we are staying with 0x59e for the HR24's for now. And nothing new in sight for our next fine release. It really is something that there is not one peep about what I just pointed out...I personally don't like games and especially this one.

I will be on this and every firmware release that comes down the pike. I know just the right guy to call. Nobody needs to just take it and do nothing...do something about it!

Huh? I've read your post 4 times and it still makes absolutely no sense.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#149 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Im just venting...same ol. Although they have been running the old firmware all week so far and it seems the last two latest versions are not in NR status. So whats with that?

#150 ONLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sometimes I do that exact thing. Having several ways to accomplish the same task works well for me.
If you're constantly hitting the end without meaning to, perhaps that key is sticking a tad. Have another remote to try?

Having more than one way to do something is fine. Maybe they should just change the delay so you have to hold it longer? Or maybe only make it jump if it's in 30SLIP mode? Or maybe make another key do it since this one is so important to transport control. A colored button? Press and hold dash?

Good suggestion about the remote. I'm going to experiment with that. It's the RF remote. My other two are IR only... But I could clean the buttons out first. It's the heaviest used remote after all.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#151 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I don't see any reports from HR22 users, any of you have issues with it?

Also when is Michigan supposed to get it?

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#152 OFFLINE   jes

jes

Icon

• Registered
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Im just venting...same ol. Although they have been running the old firmware all week so far and it seems the last two latest versions are not in NR status. So whats with that?

!rolling good luck finding the anyone that really knows that will admit to that...

#153 OFFLINE   lyradd

lyradd

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't see any reports from HR22 users, any of you have issues with it?

My HR24-500 got the 0x5cb update on 5/5. I have two HR 22-100's and neither of them have gotten the update so far.

#154 OFFLINE   jes

jes

Icon

• Registered
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

HR20-100
Firmware: NR 0x5c8
Report # 20120510-347E (#1), 20120510-1CCE (#3)
Issue: Way too similar to the failure of 2 nights ago, even to the time it occurred. The slight difference was tonight I was getting no data packets received.

Other Whole-Home clients play same shows OK...

soft rebooted #3, RBR #1 because I got tired if staring at the hung screen. :confused: Reboot of the 2 HR20s fixed the problem.

So I can't help but wonder again:
Is D* playing/experimenting with HDCP? :nono:

#155 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 495 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

HR24-200
0x5c8
Issue 3: The channel banner has a semi-transparent fade to it and it's been like that for weeks. Clearing NVRAM does not fix it. It really doesn't bother me so I haven't rebooted (as you can see by the date in the corner)
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Report #: 20120511-1353
HR22-100 (0x5cb)

Same problem as described above.

My Setup
Directv '98

#156 OFFLINE   skyboysea

skyboysea

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

I had the same problem with 59E just before the new FW was downloaded.

#157 ONLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

I had the same problem with 59E just before the new FW was downloaded.

Hmm today I notice the banner looks correct. Checked the info and I'm still on 5c8.

It fixed itself I guess. Unless they rebooted it... Who knows.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#158 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

My H21-200 received an update 2 weeks ago that actually restored Prev Channel function while in the guide. Then a week later another new update was downloaded and that function was again disabled. :mad:

#159 OFFLINE   underlord2

underlord2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

HR24-500
0x059e (still with the old software, seems Michigan/est gets software rather late)

Michigan Area 48111 zip code.

Problem: Started in feburary.. so have to reset receiver every day or every other day when I try to turn to locals or channels surrounding the SyFy channel and it takes the screen 25+ seconds for an image to come up. Especially worse when you record on the locals while watching SyFy then trying to go to channel 2 (local fox affiliate).

Things I've tried: double red door button reset, nvram reset, turning off scrolling and changing native scrolling.

Sat Test also passed and my signals are past 90 as well.

Either going to wait for the next software update (last one was in feb) or try to have the box replaced, it's getting ridiculous.

Edited by underlord2, 16 May 2012 - 06:25 PM.
Details

#160 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

What happened why did the old release thread get combined with the new with the old thread?

And is 05CD going to be rolled out to HR24-100 because that's what's in the stream I just 02468'd as my 24 has being acting completely ass backwards the past couple days I was out of town since 5/8ish which was right after 05cb downloaded

Protected By... spam firewall...And...