Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV Android App v2.2.0 - Issues and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Issue Report

Device: Motorola Xoom, 4G/LTE model
Type: Tablet
Android OS: 3.2.6
Provider: Verizon

Issue 3: Can not play "Watch Now" content. I tried several programs, all on channels for which I subscribe, but I get an error as follows:

Title: Media Player
Action: [OK]

Same issue on Xoom WIFI running 4.0.4

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Working fine on my wife's Incredible 2 on Verizon, running stock GB

#78 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

when you use this app is the only way to stream content is over 3g when i uncheck 3g & try to connect to my wifi it will not show anything..it says you dont have 3g checked or get on wifi or check settings directv 5114....any help would be great ,,,,,,,,,thanks

#79 ONLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

when you use this app is the only way to stream content is over 3g when i uncheck 3g & try to connect to my wifi it will not show anything..it says you dont have 3g checked or get on wifi or check settings directv 5114....any help would be great ,,,,,,,,,thanks

Works fine using wifi on my Galaxy SGII running ICS 4.04
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#80 OFFLINE   kingram52

kingram52

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Anyone have this working on a Acer Iconia tablet ?

#81 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

inside the app do you have streaming over 3g unchecked...& does it work over wi fi..when i have it on 3g it works..but thats taking from my data plan.

#82 ONLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

inside the app do you have streaming over 3g unchecked...& does it work over wi fi..when i have it on 3g it works..but thats taking from my data plan.

"Streaming Over 3g" is unchecked.

#83 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

the first day it worked great after that it hasn't worked since..i went to there web site & looked at the models of phone it covers & mines not listed i have the driod 4...every other model of driod is covered why not the 4.....

#84 ONLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

the first day it worked great after that it hasn't worked since..i went to there web site & looked at the models of phone it covers & mines not listed i have the driod 4...every other model of driod is covered why not the 4.....

Try going into settings->apps then clear the data for this app. You can uninstall then reinstall. I don't know if these steps will work but it's worth giving a try.

#85 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

i unistalled & reinstalled now it works fine..thanks .....

#86 OFFLINE   JooJoo

JooJoo

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Running Android Honeycomb 3.2.1 - Installed app - didn't work, cleared data & reinstalled. It will not stream, I tried unchecking and rechecking the 3g streaming option in settings - still no joy. (I get Starz & Showtime premium channels) When I select a movie, (via watch on phone) I am able to watch the trailers but when I click on "watch now" I get this error:
"Video stream is temporarily unavailable-please try again later (5100)
Kind of weird as I can watch the trailers... :confused:

#87 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,365 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Running Android Honeycomb 3.2.1 - Installed app - didn't work, cleared data & reinstalled. It will not stream, I tried unchecking and rechecking the 3g streaming option in settings - still no joy. (I get Starz & Showtime premium channels) When I select a movie, (via watch on phone) I am able to watch the trailers but when I click on "watch now" I get this error:
Kind of weird as I can watch the trailers... :confused:

That is strange.

It works flawlesly on the ASUS Transformer tablet here using Android v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I use it almost very day.

I haven't used a Thrive very long, but several others have found that there is residual data in memory, and clearing that cache resolved the obstacles. Perhaps a reinstall and then tablet reset after that might accomplish the same thing...worth a try.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#88 OFFLINE   JooJoo

JooJoo

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

That is strange.

It works flawlesly on the ASUS Transformer tablet here using Android v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I use it almost very day.

I haven't used a Thrive very long, but several others have found that there is residual data in memory, and clearing that cache resolved the obstacles. Perhaps a reinstall and then tablet reset after that might accomplish the same thing...worth a try.

I didn't want to do a system reset as I have only had the Thrive for a week and so far it is working flawlessly, (this is my 3rd Android tablet so I am familiar with the OS) so I cleared all the cache on the tablet via a 3rd party ap - then went to settings - applications - manage applications - selected Directv and cleared the data. Then opened up the Directv ap signed in, selected watch via phone, picked a movie and voila!!! I am streaming!!!!! Thanks so much:)
(Didn't mean to be so long winded but I wanted to be clear in case others have the same problem)

#89 OFFLINE   JooJoo

JooJoo

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

On another note, I am having clear cache and data when I try to watch another movie on the Directv app, but at least it's working now for the most part :-)

#90 OFFLINE   bbaffo

bbaffo

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

I also had the same error
What fixed it for me was to
1. Uninstall the Directv app on the phone
2. Log into the mobile directv site on my phone.
3. Find program to watch, the site should allow you to download the app again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...