Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S209 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I would dig into it - it's right time for it.
Changing 110W LNBF in place of 129W would be simple task for the weekend. ;)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Do any of you folks with S209 have a Sling Adapter? I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that only one of my Hoppers has S209, so I'm looking for differences.

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#23 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I have 209 and a Sling Adapter.

#24 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Do any of you folks with S209 have a Sling Adapter? I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that only one of my Hoppers has S209, so I'm looking for differences.

Scott

Yes, before I knew I had received the update I attempted Sling, it failed. I checked the Sling Adapter Hopper (I have two) and observed a reboot/activation/HD format menu.
I don't remember the window/menu displayed during this setup from the original installation though. Once the procedure was done Sling was nominal/working.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#25 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

They changed post-S2.09 gamma version tonight: ANC1/BLC1, it covering 280+ boxes now..

#26 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

So, for those of us here, it appears we have Sling Adapters. 365B, did you get S209 on both Hoppers (assuming you have both SA's on Hoppers, that is)?

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#27 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

So, for those of us here, it appears we have Sling Adapters. 365B, did you get S209 on both Hoppers (assuming you have both SA's on Hoppers, that is)?

Scott

I have two Hoppers, one with a Sling Adapter. The one with the Sling got the update. My other Hopper and it's Joey did not.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#28 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Cool. I guess it's an SA only type update, then.

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#29 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

my Hopper with the sling adapter on it got the update
the other i cannot check(sold my AVR receiver)

#30 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Cool. I guess it's an SA only type update, then.

Scott

I don't know about that. I think there could be several issues at play. If you had a report issued to Dish through a DIRT member with receiver ID#, a call or chat session to Dish, a tech visit, an problem posting at the Dish Support site; or updates could be in some kind of numeral order, and then there's always randomness....which I really don't believe in. I think Dish must monitor bug complaints some how some way on some level....:sure:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#31 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

We do. We will look at reports of problems to determine if it is a random issue or if it is a problem with software or hardware. Whether it is a random or an issue with the software/hardware, we will work on a resolution to the issue as quickly as possible. Thanks.

I don't know about that. I think there could be several issues at play. If you had a report issued to Dish through a DIRT member with receiver ID#, a call or chat session to Dish, a tech visit, an problem posting at the Dish Support site; or updates could be in some kind of numeral order, and then there's always randomness....which I really don't believe in. I think Dish must monitor bug complaints some how some way on some level....:sure:

#32 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, that makes sense and Ray said it did, too. Still kind of odd that only those of us with SA's got the update here. I don't know about the other site, yet.

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#33 OFFLINE   frodob9

frodob9

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I have 2 Hoppers and no sling adapters. Both of my Hoppers have 2.09.

#34 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Cool, thanks! So much for that idea! :)

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#35 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 592 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

We do. We will look at reports of problems to determine if it is a random issue or if it is a problem with software or hardware. Whether it is a random or an issue with the software/hardware, we will work on a resolution to the issue as quickly as possible. Thanks.

I got 2.09 on Thursday morning, no doubt because Ray had been very helpful in finding a work around to a bug I found. See thread "New to Hopper - Can't resume playback?"

Based on a single test of what had been consistently broken behavior, it appears that this bug has been quashed in 2.09 - I can now exit playback of a program while it is still recording and Resume appears as an option when I return to it. Kudos to the Dish team for fixing this - and so quickly!

#36 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

S209 is on both my Hoppers as of yesterday morning. Still no fix for my EHD issue (older drive being recognized).

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#37 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

I got 2.09 on Thursday morning, no doubt because Ray had been very helpful in finding a work around to a bug I found. See thread "New to Hopper - Can't resume playback?"

Based on a single test of what had been consistently broken behavior, it appears that this bug has been quashed in 2.09 - I can now exit playback of a program while it is still recording and Resume appears as an option when I return to it. Kudos to the Dish team for fixing this - and so quickly!

I didn't know about this bug. What you describe happened to me last night. I am still on 2.07

The other bug that s not yet fixed for me is related to the EHD. When my WD is plugged in, the Hopper automatically freezes when Dish checks or pushes updates in the early AM, and requires a reset.

#38 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

S209 is on both my Hoppers as of yesterday morning. Still no fix for my EHD issue (older drive being recognized).

Scott

My Hopper didn't recognize my older drive either
i bought a new and voila it recognized it
u probably need a new hard drive

#39 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I initially had trouble with my EHD not being recognized. So I contacted DIRT and they sent a hit to my receiver and the EHD started working (sent down some kind of key they said).
My drive is at least 10 years old.

#40 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

:) Hits have been sent, even by DIRT. :) I do need another hard drive, but with 1GB now available I have more time to wait. I will get another hard drive as soon this one comes up, it has content that my wife wants kept.

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

Protected By... spam firewall...And...