Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2 Dish 322 receivers Which LNBF

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yobry1

yobry1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Nube here. I have 2 dish 322 rcvrs i bought from a friend in Fl, and need to know which lnbf to use. I have an old (10 yrs old) 18in dish with the rectangular lnb arm but noticed new lnbs are oval shaped. I also have 2 dish 301 rcvrs I will install in a rental next door sometime next year. Can I connect all 4 rcvrs to one lnb or do they have to be separate dishes. Right now all I want is the lnb for my 2 322 rcvrs. Can I change the lnb arm or get an adapter to fit the newer oval style lnbs. Thanks for your help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Nube here. I have 2 dish 322 rcvrs i bought from a friend in Fl, and need to know which lnbf to use. I have an old (10 yrs old) 18in dish with the rectangular lnb arm but noticed new lnbs are oval shaped. I also have 2 dish 301 rcvrs I will install in a rental next door sometime next year. Can I connect all 4 rcvrs to one lnb or do they have to be separate dishes. Right now all I want is the lnb for my 2 322 rcvrs. Can I change the lnb arm or get an adapter to fit the newer oval style lnbs. Thanks for your help.

#1 you need a DPP Twin for the 322 you also need to upgrade to a DISH 500 dish the dish you are describing was for DIRECTV.
#2 You need a separate account for the rental next door.
#3 The 301 receiver is being discontinued so it probably won't be usable next year.

#4 you don't give a location but if you are in an EASTERN ARC area you can't use the 322 only VIP receivers can be used with Eastern Arc.

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

You would need a DPP44 switch to feed four receivers. You should have also checked with Dish that the receivers you purchased were not leased units that do not have a balance on them. If leased, the need to be sent back to Dish and you cannot active them. If the have a balance due, you would need to pay it before the receivers can be released.

#4 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,719 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

You will need a Dish500 . If you can share the dish, then you would need the DPP44 switch, but usually it is easier to have each house having their own dish. For yourself (with the two 322's) - the requirement on the LNB would be for a DPP Twin. the other house could use the same or some other combinations (post what you want to do and we can give you advice).

If you can activate the 301's - as stated - Dish will be replacing those shortly with 311's.

BTW - all these receivers are standard Definition only, so you must be pointed at 119 / 110.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

spam firewall