Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Switches

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

First time I turn I'm my Hopper it always checks mt three tuners (switches). Is this supposed to happen? One time it did that and I had to click on cancel and it went to the channel without a problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

You're going to have to rephrase that for me. :confused:

#3 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

When I turn on the Hopper the first time each day I get a window that says checking switches. There is 3 tuners listed and it says checking 1 of 2 for each tuner. Then it will say checking 2 of 2 for each tuner. After that it allows whatever station I'm watching to come up on the TV. Does NOT do this from the Joey's as most times I turn on a Joey in the bedroom to get the morning news while dressing. Then I go into the living room and turn on main TV and Hopper. This is where I get it. Most times do to TV warmup I either catch the tail end of the checking or if I turn on TV first, let it warm for a few seconds and then turn on the Hopper I see this screen. Maybe most TV's take enough time to warm that you don't see this screen or mine may be messed up.

#4 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

theres something wrong with you hopper and or install
maybe weak signal

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered