Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Local Channels and Remote problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sgt940

sgt940

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:14 AM

I just received my 921 and previously had a 721 which my dealer managed to sell for almost what I paid for it. First the 921 fired up fine and has had no lock ups a far cry from the 721. My problem is that the local channels will not map to the local number. I had the same issue when I first installed the 721 after several hours this was fixed on the 721 by support re-authorizing the receiver and programing and waiting almost 24 hours. However the advanced tech support guy last night says this is a known 921 issue (will be fixed next software) and re-authorizing will not fix it. Have any of you had this problem, is it in deed a global 921 issue. I still think re-authorizing will fix it.
On a second note the remote will stop scrolling in the guide and if you push the button one at a time it will move one at a time but not scroll. It appears this may be a UHF range issue as next to the unit is does not do this and my 501 infrad remote does not have the issue. The problem occurs however at about 8 feet. All and all I am very pleased with the 921.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:39 PM

It has been previously noted that the 921 does not do local channel remapping, that the channel range below 100 is apparently reserved for over the air reception (that is, channels coming off of an antenna). Whether this is a bug or by design is open to interpretation at this point.

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:41 PM

sgt940, first please post your receiver information. That's the rule to post bug reports. You need to you post your software version, boot and flash version.

The 921 does not yet map local channels to their off-air numbers. It may happen in the future.

And I don't understand what you're second problem is. Please explain it in more detail.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#4 OFFLINE   sgt940

sgt940

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:42 PM

sgt940, first please post your receiver information. That's the rule to post bug reports. You need to you post your software version, boot and flash version.

The 921 does not yet map local channels to their off-air numbers. It may happen in the future.

And I don't understand what you're second problem is. Please explain it in more detail.

Mark the second issue is that sitting 10 feet from the unit the guide stops when scrolling through channels. I isolated this to be a weak (or garbled) UHF signal from the remote. I solved the problem by adding a short piece of coax to the UHF remote antenna and moving it to the top of my cabinet. Interesting is the fact that I had a 501 and 721 in the same location and the UHF worked in everyone room in the house. Either way it works by remoting the antenna, anyone else having this problem should do the same.

#5 OFFLINE   Richard Chalk

Richard Chalk

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:59 PM

There is an obvious conflict with mapping. Suppose, for instance, that you have a local station on Channel 4 (as I do) which is also on one of the 8000-series channels in the "local stations group" Mapping it to Channel 4 would directly conflict with the OTA station on 4. Digitals can be called 4-1, etc., but not Analogs.

Richard

Protected By... spam firewall...And...