Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to get 3d on Hopper?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

I though the hopper was going to let me get PPV movies in 3D. I don't see any though. I looked everywhere - On Demand, Blockbuster and the PPV channels.

I wonder if the Hopper is outsmarting my system and checking the outputs? So my Hopper is connected through component outputs to a projector, but my Joey is connected through HDMI to a 3D LCD. The Joey should be able to get 3d, right?

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor
Hopper w/ Sling - basement, bedroom, audio feed
video distributed over cat5
audio distributed over Russound

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,985 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

perhaps no 3D movies in a stream
come back another time

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,110 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

If you have had your Hopper/Joey more than a few days there should be a couple of 3D movies listed as channel 501 in the guide. Current ones on my receiver are "Born to be Wild", "Happy Feet Two", "Puss in Boots" and "The Adventures of Tintin". These should show up regardless of if you have a 3D set, or HDMI/HDCP connection. When you select a show your Hopper/Joey will test for the capability needed and play in a format compatible with the set it has detected. (If you are not connected by HDMI/HDCP you will not be able to play select movies.)

If your Hopper is new it will take a few days for VOD movies to load. Otherwise look through the 501s.

#4 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

OK. I do see on of those 3 movies now. I've had the Hopper for a month. Are these downloading though the dish, or though my internet connection? If its through my internet connection, my slow DSL probably explains why there is only one.

If you have had your Hopper/Joey more than a few days there should be a couple of 3D movies listed as channel 501 in the guide. Current ones on my receiver are "Born to be Wild", "Happy Feet Two", "Puss in Boots" and "The Adventures of Tintin". These should show up regardless of if you have a 3D set, or HDMI/HDCP connection. When you select a show your Hopper/Joey will test for the capability needed and play in a format compatible with the set it has detected. (If you are not connected by HDMI/HDCP you will not be able to play select movies.)

If your Hopper is new it will take a few days for VOD movies to load. Otherwise look through the 501s.

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,795 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

OK. I do see on of those 3 movies now. I've had the Hopper for a month. Are these downloading though the dish, or though my internet connection? If its through my internet connection, my slow DSL probably explains why there is only one.

The VOD James is talking about comes via satellite but (assuming the Hopper works like the 922) this only happens when the Hopper is in standby... so if you watch TV a lot and leave the Hopper on most of the day, it can take longer to populate the VOD section.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,110 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

As Stewart said mere seconds before I hit submit: The VODs on channel 1 and 501 come via the dish. You can download movies over your Internet connection as well, but only when you request them specifically.

#7 OFFLINE   aliciab_dish

aliciab_dish

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

I though the hopper was going to let me get PPV movies in 3D. I don't see any though. I looked everywhere - On Demand, Blockbuster and the PPV channels.

I wonder if the Hopper is outsmarting my system and checking the outputs? So my Hopper is connected through component outputs to a projector, but my Joey is connected through HDMI to a 3D LCD. The Joey should be able to get 3d, right?

Hi there, my name is Alicia with DISH. I would be more then happy to help you. Can you please email me more information such as; Do you currently have the Hopper installed on a 3D compatible TV, Are you getting an error message or are they just not showing up etc.

Alicia.Brink@DISH.com

#8 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

I use the Hopper for satellite radio all day, then TV at night, so that explains it. Hopefully more 3d movies will show up soon. Thanks.

The VOD James is talking about comes via satellite but (assuming the Hopper works like the 922) this only happens when the Hopper is in standby... so if you watch TV a lot and leave the Hopper on most of the day, it can take longer to populate the VOD section.

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor

Protected By... spam firewall...And...