Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subwoofer settings help needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

In my Denon AVR 1912 my Infinity speakers model Alpha 50's are set as Large, Center 37c and Surround 20's are set as Small. In the 1912 the crossover frequency is set at 80Hz. The 1912's Bass Setting Subwoofer Mode is LFE+Main, LPF for LFE is 150Hz (default).

My Velodyne VRP1000 subwoofer Lowpass Crossover Frequency is set at 80Hz, Phase setting at 0 (other choice is 180), Volume setting at midpoint.

Since I have no idea as to the correct setting placement please help me adjust these properly.

All comments greatly appreciated

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

For a starting point, I'd recommend using the Audyssey setup feature of the AVR. It should help you in setting the correct volume level.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to create an overlap between the fronts and the sub.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

For a starting point, I'd recommend using the Audyssey setup feature of the AVR. It should help you in setting the correct volume level.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to create an overlap between the fronts and the sub.

I consulted an Audyssey guide and my questions were answered.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...