Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV will not re-negotiate discounted rates

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm coming up in August to see my rebates end. But it won't surprise me as I already knew they would when I originally signed up. I don't see the OPs point, it was part and parcel of his original agreement with D*.

And I've found that D* does offer some deals on programming, some really good, some just so-so. Practically every time I've called, and I'm still in the first year with them this time, they've offered something, many times without me asking for it. None of them have been earth shattering deals, but every little bit counts these days!

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Champagne tastes on a Boone's Farm budget. To expect DIRECTV to subsidize the people that can't afford it while the rest of us pay full price is total crap. Some people have a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#63 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

The perception to the customer is that it's free. Perception rules.

That's not perception that's nievity and once a customer understands how it works they don't feel that they have a value in something anymore.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#64 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

The lesson here is research what you're getting into. The FULL price is the everyday price. If you didn't know you were paying a promo price, I don't know what to tell you.

You are not asking for the EVERDAY price. You want a break, just because.

Not just because. It's not like I decided one day. Hey I want a better deal. No I NEEDED a better deal or I couldn't afford to stay. Why some people think I'm requesting this to D* is against them is beyond me. I'm not fighting back. But I'm saying for anyone here. Unless you've been there you can't have any clue. Sorry but it's true. I wasn't asking for a handout. If I could pay full or everyday price I would. I've talked with D* since and will probably stay but at a lower priced package. So you all that think I'm cheating the system can stop now. Thank you!
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#65 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Channels I watch from highest to smallest in priority.

NETWORK channels

History
Discovery
BBC America
SyFy
NatGeo (regular not Wild)
Spike
USA Net
Comedy Central
Cartoon Network (Adult Swim)
Speed

(channels my mother watches)

Game Show Network
Lifetime
Lifetime Movie Network
RFD-TV

That's the channels.

ok. That should put you in the choice extra. assuming no other discounts if you do that you should be:
$68.99--could be lower depending on when you set up your package
$18--3 additional tvs
$10--hd access
$8--dvr fee
$3-whole home dvr----the last 3 could total $20 if under ARS banner that customers are in now.
total: $107.99/month plus taxes..
if you have the protection plan/hd access for free/grandfathered in package then your pricing could be a bit different.
does that resemble your bill at all or did I miss anything that is on your package?
Even though I am an employee, my thoughts/comments/ideas are mine and not affiliated whatsoever with Directv as a company/employer/etc.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#66 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

Not just because. It's not like I decided one day. Hey I want a better deal. No I NEEDED a better deal or I couldn't afford to stay. Why some people think I'm requesting this to D* is against them is beyond me. I'm not fighting back. But I'm saying for anyone here. Unless you've been there you can't have any clue. Sorry but it's true. I wasn't asking for a handout. If I could pay full or everyday price I would. I've talked with D* since and will probably stay but at a lower priced package. So you all that think I'm cheating the system can stop now. Thank you!

lol. Having worked for both E* and D* in the past I can honestly say i can recognize what type of customer you are very easily.

Your problem is that you expect(ed) D* to adjust your price for you to fit your budget needs, without you yourself having to make any change on your end.

At the end of the day whats more important:

1. Making ends meat.
2. Watching the history channel.

I cant tell you how many times I've run into someone demanding credits for any angle and reason they can muster, claiming they just cant pay it anymore and so on.
So we ask you "Well you have this package you can save 20$ by going down to this package for starters"
Want to know the answer we would get?
"Whoa whoa whoa, I said I need a lower price not that I need less channels"

Some food for thought and a tip for future reference: When you need to save money dont rely on credits, adjust your bill so that it fits your means. Every company has a breaking point when it comes to credits, and you found out the hard way ;)

edit: Also macfan, those phone calls you got a decade ago were not for your courtesy at all. Dont romanticize it, they werent sincerely checking up on you for your sake ;)

#67 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,663 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

This thread is five days old and is :beatdeadhorse:. OP, you're experiencing financial difficulities and you need to be focusing on your needs, not your wants. Belt tightening is order of the day. Either suspend your DirecTV service or downgrade it to a lower tier that you can presently afford.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#68 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

This thread is five days old and is :beatdeadhorse:. OP, you're experiencing financial difficulities and you need to be focusing on your needs, not your wants. Belt tightening is order of the day. Either suspend your DirecTV service or downgrade it to a lower tier that you can presently afford.

Totally agree. I am stunned that the OP even has the nerve to act like he has a legitimate gripe. I am glad DirecTV is standing their ground on this.

And I'm not sorry for being brutally honest. The OP chose to start this thread and should expect any and all feedback he gets.

Also:
Loose=not tight
Lose=not win

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H