Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Archive DVR content

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dcb

dcb

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I fear my 722 DVR is going south and will need replacement. Is there something I can do to save the content on the harddrive? I do do not have an EHD. Is it possible to transfer the saved programs and movies to the new 722 prior to returning the old unit to Dish? Or better yet does Dish have some sort of service to upload things to a server temporarily? Am I just dreamng?

don

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

The EHD is free (except for the cost of buying an EHD of course)... and that's the only way to move/save content from your current 722.

Arguably it would be nice to have a direct receiver-to-receiver transfer mode where you could hook up a replacement to the old one and go that way without an EHD intermediary... but no such support exists at this time.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,843 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I fear my 722 DVR is going south and will need replacement. Is there something I can do to save the content on the harddrive? I do do not have an EHD. Is it possible to transfer the saved programs and movies to the new 722 prior to returning the old unit to Dish? Or better yet does Dish have some sort of service to upload things to a server temporarily? Am I just dreamng?

don

yeah ... dreaming ...

if you'll spend your money for USB external drive what will adapt all your recordings and give the moving process a lot of time, then you'll be safe

Protected By... spam firewall...And...