Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to set up new account in son's name

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gumbysucks

gumbysucks

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

My adult son recently moved back in , and wants to set us up with the new hd 5 signal recorder, and hd receiver. (in his name thru costco) I have been a directv customer for years, with no contract. How do we set this up? Directv says my account must be cancelled before he signs up?? So no tv for a week or 2 until install? Any help or suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

He would have to sign up for an account however be warned that DIRECTV may flag the new account and not allow it to be installed. Have you called up to see what options are available to you?
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   gumbysucks

gumbysucks

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

Haven't checked on upgrading my account, he thought it would be cheaper for him to setup and take care of billing in his name. I have checked forums and no one is getting close to what new customers get, and he would be a new customer.

#4 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Shades is correct, there are new safeguards in place for this kind of thing. You could end up without service untill it is investigated. But do as you will.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...