Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TIVO SW version 6.4

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 721 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Typically a "resend authorization" on DirecTV.com helps get your locals back on the HR10's.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Gofastr

Gofastr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I have tried with DTV, they have sent out reauthorization, and that has not worked.
Really don,t want to except upgrade offer as this will lock me into a new two year commitment.
Have been with DTV since inception 1994, have never had to deal with them before.
But this is frustrating , not being able to watch locals!

#23 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

If the new TiVo software version was not in the MFS partition, all the phone calls in the world won't help. Supposedly 6.4a is back in the stream now, and once all the slices are received, a phone call should activate them, or you can use the Slicer tool (I don't know exactly what it does but I assume it is similar to the manual way I have installed slices in the past.)

Steve

My Setup

#24 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Supposedly 6.4a is back in the stream

Ummm, what you mean ? It's STILL there.

#25 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

It was removed from the stream a couple of years ago. DirecTV was/is apparently trying to get it back in the stream but I haven't seen any evidence it has actually happened yet..

#26 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

It was removed from the stream a couple of years ago. DirecTV was/is apparently trying to get it back in the stream but I haven't seen any evidence it has actually happened yet..

Seen the stream (101W tp27) ?
Seems to me it was there all the time. But not today ...
Any hard evidence of the claim ?

#27 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Besides that fact that numerous people have connected their Tivos to a phone line, successfully forced "daily calls", and their Tivos still haven't updated? If v6.4a is truly in the satellite stream, then something else seems to be preventing these Tivos from updating themselves.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#28 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Seems to me it was there all the time. But not today ...

We know it was not in the stream a month ago, because a DirecTv internal contact confirmed it was not there, and had not been for some time (a couple of years). They were working with TiVo to get the daily call working and the software back in the stream. As litzdog says, the daily call now seems to be working, but no-one can get the software. So either the real software is not actually in the stream, or something else is stopping the download.

#29 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

I added a line after I did check the transponder ... Not there ...

#30 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

Any sign of 6.4a being in the stream??

#31 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Any sign of 6.4a being in the stream??

Just did check all 31 tpns of 101W ( tp26 is SB and not visible here) for you - nope. TiVo slices should be on tp27, but there is no one FW PID exist.

#32 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

OK ... finally some news from our DirecTV contacts. Hopefully this gets things moving in a positive direction. v6.4a software IS available via Tivo phone calls, so your boxes SHOULD be updating. DirecTV has requested that you provide the following information here to help them work with Tivo to troubleshoot why you're not getting the v6.4a update.

• Your Tivo model number?
  • What Tivo software version do you currently have?
  • Your Tivo Service Number (TSN)? .... Should be in the system information display.
  • Does your Tivo have any "modifications" to its original software?
  • TV brand & model number?
  • How is your Tivo connected to your TV?
  • If you have an HR10-250 HD Tivo, what video output resolution(s) are you using?

If you're not comfortable posting this information here you can send me a private message and I'll pass it along to my DirecTV contacts.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21

#33 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

OMG thanks Litzdog been wanting to post that since i started this thread!
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#34 OFFLINE   Sunner73

Sunner73

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

. If you used an image of 6.2 (the most popular hacked version) after that date, you or may not have gotten 6.4a downloaded. ....... I installed the slices to the boot partition and reset the unit and, after some "processing of the service update" I had 6.4a running. No phone call was ever made and all the locals were back in the guide.

If anyone with a hacked unit has a problem with getting a call to work (most of the 6.2 local numbers are defunct), PTVupgrades (the InstantCake folks) have a prepackaged script called the Slicer that will move 6.4a onto your boot partition.

Are you or have you been using "superpatch" by chance? Are you indicating that by slicing 6.4a onto the 6.2 you still have the MRV capability?

As of last night 2 of my 4 SD Tivos have lost the major 4 locals, CBS, NBC, ABC & Fox. Multiple attempts at reauthorization via the web site met with no stations. Even spent time w/DTV tech support which were convinced that a "clear program info and to do list" would solve the issue but ......
nope.

P.S. All 4 have the 6.2 SW.

Edited by Sunner73, 28 October 2012 - 08:46 AM.

Directv customer since 2001
1 HR34-50" Projection TV
2 HR24-27" HDTV/Monitor & 27" CRT
2 DSR704 DTivo's (no locals)-32" CRTs
1 DSR7000 DTivo-27" CRT
Only the 2 DSR704's MRV'ed

Upgraded to AU9 Slimline w/SWM16 w/uS575 stacker feeding a LAL20a amp supplying single coax to each of the 3 DSR's w/dual destackers.

#35 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

OK ... finally some news from our DirecTV contacts. Hopefully this gets things moving in a positive direction. v6.4a software IS available via Tivo phone calls, so your boxes SHOULD be updating. DirecTV has requested that you provide the following information here to help them work with Tivo to troubleshoot why you're not getting the v6.4a update.

• Your Tivo model number?
  • What Tivo software version do you currently have?
  • Your Tivo Service Number (TSN)? .... Should be in the system information display.
  • Does your Tivo have any "modifications" to its original software?
  • TV brand & model number?
  • How is your Tivo connected to your TV?
  • If you have an HR10-250 HD Tivo, what video output resolution(s) are you using?

If you're not comfortable posting this information here you can send me a private message and I'll pass it along to my DirecTV contacts.

Known reason the software update won't take effect on modified TiVo's is because it was built into the hacks to disable software updates in the bootpage.

So most people should have the slices but their modifications will never allow it to be installed.

http://www.tivocommu...ad.php?t=486467

Post 13
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#36 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Known reason the software update won't take effect on modified TiVo's is because it was built into the hacks to disable software updates in the bootpage.

So most people should have the slices but their modifications will never allow it to be installed.

http://www.tivocommu...ad.php?t=486467

Post 13

True. But some folks without any hacks are not getting the update. I've forwarded their information to DirecTV so that Tivo's engineers can try to figure out what's going on.

#37 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Let me ask a different question.
Has ANYONE successfully downloaded 6.4a from the stream in the past few days?

#38 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Let me ask a different question.
Has ANYONE successfully downloaded 6.4a from the stream in the past few days?

It must be preface more important question - was there 6.4a spool last days ? If it was, then: what sat/tpn/PID used ? To help customers verify signal level at least.

#39 OFFLINE   hrsala

hrsala

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

I have a virgin, never tampered with, R10, and have had the unit call in every morning (sucessfully) followed with a restart for over two weeks. Still have 6.3 and no locals. When reacquiring sat info on restart, it never gets past 97%.

#40 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I have a virgin, never tampered with, R10, and have had the unit call in every morning (sucessfully) followed with a restart for over two weeks. Still have 6.3 and no locals. When reacquiring sat info on restart, it never gets past 97%.

You should wait when DTV will bring back spooling of the 6.4a.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...