Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

dish guy going to direct, need help in wiring system

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kspeters

kspeters

Mentor/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

I have a new install coming in a week and would like to see a wiring diagram to see if what I have existing will work.
I will have a hr34 and 2 hd receivers to hook up. Can anyone lead me to a wiring diagram?
Does direct do a single wire from the dish?
If not how many leads come in and what happens from there?
I have tried the search and can't seem to find what i need.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

I have a new install coming in a week and would like to see a wiring diagram to see if what I have existing will work.
I will have a hr34 and 2 hd receivers to hook up. Can anyone lead me to a wiring diagram?
Does direct do a single wire from the dish?
If not how many leads come in and what happens from there?
I have tried the search and can't seem to find what i need.

This [thread] has a lot of the wiring diagrams, depending on what set up you have. Yours would probably be like post 8, since you have less then 8 tuners.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,377 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

There is an install section here.. You will likely find the most diagrams there, but ...

One wire from the dish for your setup.

Is your wiring rg6?

#4 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Quickest reply would be to post question at:

http://forums.directv.com

>> Installation/Set-up

The TechKnows (and some installers) are experts and will post detailed diagrams.

Good luck!

-=K=-

#5 OFFLINE   kspeters

kspeters

Mentor/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

There is an install section here.. You will likely find the most diagrams there, but ...

One wire from the dish for your setup.

Is your wiring rg6?

Yes, all RG6
So if I understand you correctly there will be one rg6 from dish to the swm switch or what ever and then from the swm 1 rg6 to each receiver?

#6 OFFLINE   funnyfarm299

funnyfarm299

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yes, all RG6
So if I understand you correctly there will be one rg6 from dish to the swm switch or what ever and then from the swm 1 rg6 to each receiver?

There is essentially two options. The most common is to use a SWM LNB. This includes the switch in the LNB, so all you need in the house is splitters. 1 wire from the dish to the first splitter, then do it like cable tv. You would just need to add a power inserter to provide 21 volts for the LNB.

The other option is an actual SWM switch. This requires four wires from the dish to the switch, which then has one wire to each TV. The reason for this is the SWM LNB only supports eight tuners max. EG, if you wanted an HR34 (5 tuners) and four more TVs, you would need the separate switch.

You may want to read this.

#7 OFFLINE   kspeters

kspeters

Mentor/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well, I really would like the 1 coax solution b/c I am already set up for that. It sure would make my installation much easier for everyone.
Thansk fro all the information.
Now about the dish,,,,,,,,do I just need a mounting pad the size of the mount or will there be struts?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...