Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cinema PPV Cost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I was on the phone with a woman CSR in Las Vegas to acitivate my HR24 replacement. During the setup procedure there was some dead time. So we some how got on to Cinema PPV subject. This is what I do not understand, she said that PPV are free if one has a telephone connection. Now I know that there is a sir charge if I order via the web and calling Directv. I think there is no sir charge for ordering via one DVR. But I find it hard to believe the actual cost of the program is FREE?
Can someone shed some light on this?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

sure, not for free
perhaps some movies on demand could be free

#3 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yeah, she doesn't know what she's talking about. PPVs cost extra on your bill (hence the name Pay-Per-View). There is no service charge if you order through the web or remote. Texting I don't know.

#4 OFFLINE   LORETTA

LORETTA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

What she should have told you, is that there is an additional charge for the movie above the actual movie charge if you call in and have a representative order it for you. With a phone line connection continuously connected to the receiver, you can use the remote to order and there will be no additional sur charge. I know this because i was a rep for them years ago at the beginning of it all, i left when they began to hire very young, just out of school, people, many of them on their first job, and it became necessary to follow an onscreen script as if we had no vocabulary at all and needed to be fed our lines. it just became too much to be marked down on a call for utilizing our own vocabulary to speak with people. FYI the script never worked with the elderly or non english customers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...