Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Random recordings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

I occasionally notice that my HR24-200 does random recordings.. I'll look in my Playlist and see either partial or full recordings of shows that I did not choose. Sometimes, the titles will be of shows that I do watch, but the recordings are actually of other programs. These recordings seem to happen most often overnight... 2am or so and often seem to be infomercials. I know that neither me or my wife set these programs to record. I review my ToDo list fairly often so that I know what will be recording in the next few days and remove anything that I don't want to record such as items on Series Link that are not actual new episodes (but D* doesn't know any better). Anyone else have this random recording issue and know of a fix? I'm guessing it is a program in the D* system somewhere.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

First thing to do is look in the history entry and find out what that says. It will often tell you why it thinks it recorded it, and sometimes why it is a partial.

Guide data updates can be received at any time. Sometimes, that will cause a partial. it thinks it has a show you watch, but the guide data changes after the recording starts.

If you have set up any searches to auto record, that may be why something is recording. The history data will show that as well. If someone is watching TV at that time, they may have hit the record button in error, but it doesn't sound like that is your particular problem.
DogLover

My Setup

#3 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

If the good suggestions by DogLover don't reveal an answer, I'd flush the Guide completely, and you do that by resetting the receiver twice within 30 minutes. I might do that anyway!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...