Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad Mac Issue

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hi All, I just received my Nomad and after booting, I get a solid amber status light and a blinking blue activity light with no network light at all. I called technical support and we were able to find the nomad on my Macbook Air (OS 10.7.3). I am unable to activate the nomad however (error nomad/65535). They are escalating the issue but I thought I would post here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

I know how to log in to my router settings and such but not very technical so be specific if you can. I have a Linksys cable modem and the nomad is plugged in to my Netgear WNDR3300 wireless router.

I have also tried installing the application to my other Mac, an iMac with the same results. Any suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Sounds like network is working, if you can see it from the Mac. Are you now seeing solid amber and no activity light? If so, it could mean your Nomad can not see any DVRs (according to page 26 here).

If you haven't already, check that your "whole home", "external device" DVR settings are set to "allow" external device access. More about that on page 21 of that same user guide.
/steve

#3 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sounds like network is working, if you can see it from the Mac. Are you now seeing solid amber and no activity light? If so, it could mean your Nomad can not see any DVRs (according to page 26 here).

If you haven't already, check that your "whole home", "external device" DVR settings are set to "allow" external device access. More about that on page 21 of that same user guide.

I checked and the external device settings were not set properly, I have since reset them to allow. I also unplugged and plugged back in the Nomad. Relaunched the nomad application and get the same activation error. My status light is amber and not blinking and the activity light is blinking blue. The network light is not on.

Also note the hardware never did an update.

#4 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

I checked and the external device settings were not set properly, I have since reset them to allow. I also unplugged and plugged back in the Nomad. Relaunched the nomad application and get the same activation error. My status light is amber and not blinking and the activity light is blinking blue. The network light is not on.

Also note the hardware never did an update.

The last thing I can think to try is a 2-minute reset of the Nomad device. Press and hold the front panel red button located behind the plastic cover for about 2 minutes 10 seconds. That completely restores the device to factory settings. Between that and the correct DVR settings, it just might do the trick.
/steve

#5 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Not sure what has changed but my nomad finally appears to be downloading new firmware. After it is completed I will try again and update back here.

#6 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just finished updating and now it activated the APP. Thanks Steve for your help!

#7 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Just finished updating and now it activated the APP. Thanks Steve for your help!

Glad it worked out. Enjoy!
/steve

#8 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Glad it worked out. Enjoy!

Hope so, I have a 3 and 1/2 hour flight coming up on Sunday and was hoping to watch a few shows!

#9 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

It sounds like maybe the activation servers weren't working for a short while.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Well, I was on the phone with technical support and they never mentioned that. One other question, if I want to prepare and download a bunch of recordings, can I just make sure my mac isn't set to sleep and have the screensaver kick in or will that disrupt the process?

#11 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

I don't think the screensaver will interfere, just don't let it go to sleep.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...