Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

watch a dvr with two rooms synchronized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blue47

blue47

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

can I watch the same recording simultaneously on a Hopper and a Joey, where the Joey gets paused or skipped the same as the Hopper? the reason I ask is that one of us watch in the kitchen and one in the living room and the sound conflicts if not synchronized.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

I don't know if this is possible with the Hopper... but even if it was, the sound isn't going to be synchronized no matter what because you don't have that kind of precision in the pause control on the receivers.

There would always be a slight delay in what is heard at the Hopper vs what is sent out to the Joey... and even fractions of a second can be heard by the human ear. Then add to that delay, the delay in the sound coming from one room to your ears while sound from the closer room travels a shorter distance.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

The only possible way to do that is to mirror a single output. Otherwise, no.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...