Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

sling adapter w/722 - dead?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

I got the sling adapter for my 722 last october - worked fine until now.
The adapter appears dead. No light comes on the sling adapter.
The dish receiver (722) is online. I can access the schedule/dvr through dish online, but when attempting to watch shows, I get an error (error states that I was able to connect, but an error occurred).

Any ideas if it's possible to reset this adapter?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

sure, disconnect power cord of 722 for a minute

#3 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Maybe a bad sling adapter, maybe a bad USB port on the receiver. There's another USB port on the front of the receiver, try plugging it in there and see if it will work.

#4 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

I tried both USB ports. Whenever I plug it in, a message comes up stating that the sling adapter is connected. The light never comes on though...
So probably bad sling adapter?

#5 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

What is the firmware of the Sling Adapter? You won't get a light on the Sling Adapter until the firmware is updated but you said it was working before. The firmware will update via broadband. It's probably a bad Sling Adapter. Please let me know the firmware. Thanks.

I tried both USB ports. Whenever I plug it in, a message comes up stating that the sling adapter is connected. The light never comes on though...
So probably bad sling adapter?

#6 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

What is the firmware of the Sling Adapter? You won't get a light on the Sling Adapter until the firmware is updated but you said it was working before. The firmware will update via broadband. It's probably a bad Sling Adapter. Please let me know the firmware. Thanks.

Firmware is ADDHZAAM. I did use it successfully for several months.

#7 OFFLINE   Ryan08

Ryan08

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

I've pretty much got the exact same problem. I bought my Sling adapter last October too and it's worked fine for about 8 months. Then a few weeks ago the light on the Sling adapter went off. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in on both USB ports and also tried unplugging the receiver.

Like Andy74, at first I would see the onscreen message, but the light never came on, but now I don't even see the screen.

Firmware is also ADDHZAAM.
I also have an external hard drive that works, so I don't think it's a USB issue

#8 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Calling DN for support on devices they don't know much about is a complete waste of time. I cringe whenever I have to do so.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Pester them !

#10 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

The firmware indicates the receiver is not seeing the Sling Adapter. The Sling Adapter needs to be replaced if the Red light does not light on the adapter. Please PM me with your account number to see how I can assist you further. Please let me know. Thanks.

#11 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

The message I sent to Andy74 also applies to you. The firmware indicates it is not seen by the receiver. Please PM me your account number so I can assist you further. Please let me know. Thanks.

I've pretty much got the exact same problem. I bought my Sling adapter last October too and it's worked fine for about 8 months. Then a few weeks ago the light on the Sling adapter went off. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in on both USB ports and also tried unplugging the receiver.

Like Andy74, at first I would see the onscreen message, but the light never came on, but now I don't even see the screen.

Firmware is also ADDHZAAM.
I also have an external hard drive that works, so I don't think it's a USB issue

#12 OFFLINE   Ryan08

Ryan08

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks Ray, I think this is resolved now, though. I called DN yesterday and they're sending out a replacement since it was under warranty.

Andy - Surprisingly, this was actually the easiest call I've ever had with DN. The whole process took about 5 minutes.

#13 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

OK, I did call them
It took 3 reboots of the receiver (15 minutes).

After I was done, they claim they can send a software update to my receiver to resolve this issue.

#14 OFFLINE   Andy74

Andy74

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

After a second chat with dish and after providing a link to this thread, dish rep agreed to replace it for me.

#15 OFFLINE   scasonia

scasonia

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with my Sling adapter. I was watching TV on my phone at work and then a window popped up saying that the sling adapter has rebooted and it hasn't worked since. I called Dish and they sent me out a new one but it was pouring down rain and UPS left it on my porch so the box got wet. Well, the new one doesn't work so not sure if it was because it got wet or that there is a more serious problem. Dish is going to send me out another one but I kinda think that it may be a problem with my DVR. Was your problem resolved with the new sling? Thanks

#16 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Try different USB port before send second sling back.

#17 OFFLINE   global_nomad

global_nomad

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

I got the sling adapter for my 722 last october - worked fine until now.
The adapter appears dead. No light comes on the sling adapter.
The dish receiver (722) is online. I can access the schedule/dvr through dish online, but when attempting to watch shows, I get an error (error states that I was able to connect, but an error occurred).

Any ideas if it's possible to reset this adapter?

I'm having the same issue too and I just moved to Saudi Arabia. I read on an online review the sling adapter might be sensitive to heat.

#18 OFFLINE   global_nomad

global_nomad

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Did it work out for you?

#19 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Same here on the 722. Used my sling fine for 9 months and then suddenly - BAM - no red light, no recognition from the 722 of the sling, both USB ports a no go. Dish sent me a replacement sling. Does not work either. Sling firmware is ADEAZAAM. Was on the phone for an hour with Dish and was finally told they could get the firmware to cycle via engineering on their end. I was not holding out hope and two days later - still does not work.

BTW, Internet connection is excellent - DVR and On Demand services are super fast. No network issues.

Can DIRT help me???

#20 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Same here on the 722. Used my sling fine for 9 months and then suddenly - BAM - no red light, no recognition from the 722 of the sling, both USB ports a no go. Dish sent me a replacement sling. Does not work either. Sling firmware is ADEAZAAM. Was on the phone for an hour with Dish and was finally told they could get the firmware to cycle via engineering on their end. I was not holding out hope and two days later - still does not work.

BTW, Internet connection is excellent - DVR and On Demand services are super fast. No network issues.

Can DIRT help me???

I received your PM. I will respond there.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

spam firewall