Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MAME Arcade Cabinet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:11 PM

Actually not really more expensive than any other plans except in wood costs. I'll go with a real wood surface for the top and console faces rather than MDF. The legs for the table I'm going to convert from salvaging an older table thats got a pretty warped top.

Before I was thinking of a console with 4 players and all the controls jammed into a 4' panel. Now they will be spread out quite a bit, but the number of controls isn't all that different.

And I don't have to do them all at once either this way, as the unused stations around the table can keep an unfinished look since they won't be turned upward until needed.

And it certainly won't cost anywhere near the prices I saw today for "real" poker tables... $3000 and up. Yikes! :eek2:

Incidentally the same store, "Atlantic Billiards", also had an Arcade PC MAME cabinet they were selling for $5000 with a Hotrod control panel. I'm not certain their product was quite legal, as it had a full mame set, although the guy said it was *shrug*...

Anyway its the first one I've ever seen in real life and I spent a moment playing some Galaga. ;)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

Summer is finally here, students have graduated and school is out. With it the work load now allows for some free time to get back to this project.

I've got the electronics, buttons and parts in hand. Computer is all setup and MAME is configured properly, so all thats left is the cabinet. I've been playing a few games already and love it.

Going to pick up the wood this weekend and start making the first cuts for the table.

Anybody else made any progress?

#43 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:04 PM

I finally finished my cabinet last month. Sorry for not posting this sooner.

http://www.notrica.com/arcade

Comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

Windows Home Server, 2 TB storage, Gigabit LAN

#44 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:09 PM

I have built my own MAME Machine, but have yet to build a cabinet with it.

I purchase a Hotrod joystick for that real arcade feel http://www.hanaho.co...HotRodJoystick/

I also have all the Mame Games (and am now searching for the laserdisc roms so I can play Space Ace and Dragons Lair on my computer, I see them posted to the newsgroups but I have never been able to find all the pieces to it)

Use the Russ Prince link. He sells the CDs for $5 per game. Totally worth it. He doesn't make any profit there.
Choice Xtra Plus HD DVR and NY DMA Locals, (1) HDVR2 Series II DirecTivo (upgraded to 160GB), (1) HR20-700, (1) HR23-700

#45 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

I'm jealous... I haven't made nearly as much progress as I would have liked to on my own project. Enjoy your machine! What is your favorite game?

#46 OFFLINE   cnsf

cnsf

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:18 PM

I'm jealous... I haven't made nearly as much progress as I would have liked to on my own project. Enjoy your machine! What is your favorite game?

The 5 year old loves Superman and PacMan/Ms.PacMan

The wife is addicted to Ms. PacMan and Donkey Kong.

I've been playing Track & Field and hypersports a lot. I play a bunch of the 350 I loaded.

Galaga need the "OK" in the beginning and that's gotten pretty annoying. Any idea how to avoid that? Galaga seems to have an aspect that is not true to the original.

spam firewall