Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole home not functioning after Storm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wvumatt

wvumatt

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

My whole home is down completely, never had any problems for entire time I've had it. All lights are lit on the DECA, receivers can find network but not each other. None of the receivers or DVR's can connect to internet. CCK LIGHTS are all lit as well. iPad app shows "no receivers found". I have decent networking skills, but "restore" defaults" and manually setting IP addresss are not finding success. I Was watching a recording in living room from bedroom DVR when connection crashed. Any ideas? All other devices on network are working fine.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

Try rebooting the CCK. If that doesnt work, try rebooting the router.
Failing that, check to see if the DVRs are using the same subnet as the home network.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

I had that same problem recently. What ultimately cleared it was powering down EVERYTHING including the SWiM. Power up the SWiM, wait a couple minutes and power up the receivers.

spam firewall