Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Avengers

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,994 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

What does this have to do with DBS????

It's in a Movies Thread...so it this would be the right place to discuss it...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,774 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

DBSTalk is about more than just DBS. It is primarily about DBS... but we do have many sub-forums available to discuss other things.

Now, back to the Avengers...

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#23 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,637 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

And I'm sure it will be all over DBS channels/networks in a few weeks.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#24 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,774 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

And I'm sure it will be all over DBS channels/networks in a few weeks.

True... and that's when I will see it for the first time. I swore off movie theaters years ago... so I wait for it to hit Dish Network OR a movie like this plan on buying the Blu-ray release week if I can.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#25 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

True... and that's when I will see it for the first time. I swore off movie theaters years ago... so I wait for it to hit Dish Network OR a movie like this plan on buying the Blu-ray release week if I can.

I'm with you. I went to an Imax (a real one, not a LieMax) theater for the spectacle to see Avatar. But the last one I saw in a theater before that was Independence Day.

#26 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,286 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Didn't really want to start a new thread on this. Joss Whedon is confirmed for Avengers 2, along with his return to TV.

http://www.escapistm...arvel-TV-Series

#27 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hands down, the best comic book movie made to this day. Marvel being bought by Disney was the best thing that ever happened, as Disney is smart enough to give them the money and leave them alone.
--
They have shown that you can make comic book movies that are true to the comic and still get a casual audience. I can't wait till they get the rights back for Spiderman and Xmen.
--
WB could take a note. Their going to apparently try and do JLA, but in reverse, which is a horrific, terrible idea. Marvel has laid the blueprint for how you do a team movie. Continuity, same actors, fantastic storytelling and no character was left behind. We got to spend individual movies getting to know the characters, and not waste any time in the team movie to do so.
--
Marvel has also said they will not break continuity, even after actors leave. The story contiunity will remain, no reboots, just new actors. Thank god.

#28 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,286 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

When I heard Disney bought Star Wars, I was worried until I remembered Avengers.

#29 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Lucas would still be tabbed to write any new Stars Wars movies though wouldn't he?

#30 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

No. Lucas has quite publicly stated that he's done with Star Wars and that it's time for a new generation of writers to take over that franchise. Although he (Lucas) will still be a creative consultant, Kathleen Kennedy will be in charge of the franchise.

#31 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hrm, never heard of her. Has she done anything that might be more well known? The problem is, i thinka t this point, it's going to be hard to get people to buy into a new Star Wars dogma. Though, I do understand both Ford and Fisher have said they would gladly be in a new movie, which could be helpful in a transition and woudl work, as it would take place after the last of the original ones.

#32 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hrm, never heard of her. Has she done anything that might be more well known? The problem is, i thinka t this point, it's going to be hard to get people to buy into a new Star Wars dogma. Though, I do understand both Ford and Fisher have said they would gladly be in a new movie, which could be helpful in a transition and woudl work, as it would take place after the last of the original ones.

http://en.wikipedia....(film_producer)

Edited by Tom Robertson, 07 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.
Fixed the broken URL

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#33 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,255 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Kathleen Kennedy has been a major producer for quite some time, working closely with her husband Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg. She ran Amblin for Spielberg, then her own company, now for Lucas.

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#34 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ah, okay, seems in good hands then! Thanks! *ponder* Wasn't Amblin the company that did Spielburg's early movies? Like ET, etc, before he started Dreamworks (Well, helped start it)

#35 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Ah, okay, seems in good hands then! Thanks! *ponder* Wasn't Amblin the company that did Spielburg's early movies? Like ET, etc, before he started Dreamworks (Well, helped start it)

Yup.........

#36 OFFLINE   kirko

kirko

• Banned User
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

We saw this today, in one word, awesome. Action and also at times hilarious. It is definitely not needed to see it in 3D. I did not.

For those that haven't seen some of the previous films, I would at least see the Iron Man films and Thor before seeing this one.

I can agree completely with your entire post.

#37 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'd put Captain America in there as well. The "Hulk" movies are unnecessary, though.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...