Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Eliminate Primetime Reruns

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zooky111

Zooky111

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

Is there a way to inhibit recording reruns on Primetime?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

No. It does put a little "new" tag on new episodes, and you can set it to save "new" episodes over to your "My Recordings" list. By design it's recording the entire output of the 4 HD channels from the transponder during prime time.

#3 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

No. It does put a little "new" tag on new episodes, and you can set it to save "new" episodes over to your "My Recordings" list. By design it's recording the entire output of the 4 HD channels from the transponder during prime time.

+1

By design, it will save all 8 days of prime time recordings regardless of what's showing on the channel. This does not take up your personal recording space (uses a separate partition of the hard drive)

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#4 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Regular timers are set up for Only New, New and Reruns, Once....da di da di da...at first I thought it was an unrealistic request but now I agree, no reruns should be an option. :righton:

Edited by 356B, 07 May 2012 - 05:54 PM.
terrible proofer

Thank you and
Best of luck

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm happy with the "new" flag. I have timers set for the PTA programs I want "brought forward" to My Recordings to make them easier to find. There have been weeks where I didn't see a program and went back into the PTA folder to find the last broadcast to see what aired. It was nice that the whole lineup was there.

I wouldn't fight tooth and nail to stop hiding rerun programs as an option. But I would not want PTA to be missing reruns without the option to view all programs.

#6 OFFLINE   Zooky111

Zooky111

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Regular timers are set up for Only New, New and Reruns, Once....da di da di da...at first I thought it was an unrealistic request but now I agree, no reruns should be an option. :righton:

Moving in to another year of summer reruns on PTA.  It's gonna record them all, sigh.  Or, should that be !UGH!  :)

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

But it is only using one tuner to record those reruns...  it would use the same tuner to record any single event...  so you either have the option to turn off PTAT and set manual timers OR use PTAT and have it automatically catch everything.  Customer choice as to how you want to handle it.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#8 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

For crying out loud! Set timers , new only, for series that you want and you wll only see new recordings on the "My Recordings" page. Ignore the PTAT page or turn it off.

#9 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

The way I do it is I have set 'save series' in those shows gotten via PTAT so they show up in 'my recordings' also.  By default that sets a timer that is both new and reruns, I just edited them to new.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...