Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP922 - S1.18 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

We got first report.

129W, tp30:
R0089041729-R0107598693
R0128010045-R0128010045
R0128027610-R0128027610
R0127762957-R0127762957

DL just started...
Hanged at fifth letter of "Sele" word :(

9:05pm - second try ... so slow ... spooling speed is 250 Kbps instead of normal 2 Mbps... in 30 min ~40% done ... it's took over 1 hour to DL the image !

Edited by P Smith, 09 May 2012 - 09:09 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

I have a VIP 922. I am on the Eastern Arc.. I am still on 116.
Bring On More HD!

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have a VIP 922. I am on the Eastern Arc.. I am still on 116.

I added the source (bold).

#4 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Bummer.. I hope they add the update to one of the eastern arc locations.
Bring On More HD!

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

It could be there, I didn't check EA for it - ask James Long; he has everything to check EA FW streams.

#6 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

922 software updates download on EA occur from 72.7. This shows to be a partial release. Thanks.

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Given that they accidentally broke DLNA on S1.17... I expect a lot of folks were semi-happy to not get that release... especially if S1.18 now fixes that and keeps the Blockbuster stuff.

This is why sometimes they roll out slowly, to give customers a chance to find those intermittent or weird things that they missed.

I expect DLNA is something that gets backburner-ed if Dish expects not a lot of people are using it. I honestly don't know how popular that feature is... and while it doesn't excuse them for breaking it, maybe they figured getting Blockbuster support out quickly was more important since they appear to have followed up and fixed DLNA again.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#8 OFFLINE   umbertob

umbertob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I played with S1.18 quite a bit last night, including downloading and watching a couple more BB@H movies and streaming music from one of my DLNA servers. Everything is pretty zippy, I couldn't really find any obvious faults or issues with this version. I think this may be the release everyone will get real soon.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

922 software updates download on EA occur from 72.7. This shows to be a partial release. Thanks.

The question was is the S1.18 spooling at EA sats/tpns? Perhaps you could say what tpn is using for the version - ppl will check if signal level is adequate to get the version.

#10 OFFLINE   sulu600

sulu600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I am on the EA and just noticed that I have 118 on my 922. Noticed it because when I turn on the receiver for the first time today at 5pm, only had two small PIP pictures on my 47" Samsung. Nothing would get the regular picture back except to unplug and reboot. Haven't tried any features yet, but they are updating the Eastern Arc folks.

Steve

#11 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,753 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Good sign for all gamma testers on East Coast. :D

#12 OFFLINE   SandyG3

SandyG3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Updated last night and DLNA working great this morning. Thanks Dish for the quick fix!

#13 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

You're welcome! I'm glad it is working for you. Thanks.

Updated last night and DLNA working great this morning. Thanks Dish for the quick fix!

#14 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

I noticed I can no longer use the FF/Rew buttons to go to the end/beginning of the My Recordings entries. It does still work in the Timers list.

Still unable to jump to a letter within the A-Z sorted recordings list. (feature not carried over from the older DVRs)
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#15 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Received S1.18 this morning so far only issue I have found is my Weather App took awhile to load but it finally did load up,will continue my issues search,but so far Blockbuster@Home looks good!.:)

#16 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

I noticed I can no longer use the FF/Rew buttons to go to the end/beginning of the My Recordings entries. It does still work in the Timers list.

Still unable to jump to a letter within the A-Z sorted recordings list. (feature not carried over from the older DVRs)

I tried that on my 922/wMT2 and can report not having the FFW/Rew issues on mine.Also the 2nd time I loaded the Weather App it loaded and worked correctly.:)

#17 OFFLINE   umbertob

umbertob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Haven't had problems with ff/rew buttons either since receiving S118, but I briefly experienced a somewhat similar issue last night. My channel up/down buttons stopped working when tuned to a specific channel, but would work just fine to scroll up and down within the guide. Then, an hour later, for no particular reason (didn't reboot or anything) the buttons started changing channels up and down again. :confused: I am using a Harmony universal remote and normally I would have blamed the remote for that hiccup, but now I am not so sure. If it happens again, I guess I'll have to pull out the original clicker and see what happens. BB@H continues working beautifully though.

#18 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Haven't had problems with ff/rew buttons either since receiving S118, but I briefly experienced a somewhat similar issue last night. My channel up/down buttons stopped working when tuned to a specific channel, but would work just fine to scroll up and down within the guide. Then, an hour later, for no particular reason (didn't reboot or anything) the buttons started changing channels up and down again. :confused: I am using a Harmony universal remote and normally I would have blamed the remote for that hiccup, but now I am not so sure. If it happens again, I guess I'll have to pull out the original clicker and see what happens. BB@H continues working beautifully though.

I have had original remote issues before this to help solve this I turned off my HDTV Ambient Light Sensor,my remote antenna in back was straight up,I pushed the angle it was in back a little and that seem to help the erratic remote issues I was having.It almost seems like the original remote goes a little crazy during logo updating times and guide updating times,that's just my opinion.

But these type of remotes are subject to interference from different sources.I also have a Logitech Harmony 300i I use also if the original remote seems alittle crazy when I am trying to scroll through the guide,so who knows, to me it's a work in progress to try and find solutions to my issues,but I still like my 922/wMT2 very much and even more now with Blockbuster@Home.:)

#19 OFFLINE   umbertob

umbertob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Had an issue last night, which I haven't experienced before receiving S1.18. I always have my 922 in Solo mode. Last night PIP wouldn't pop up, so I checked the settings and under the Solo / Duo menu I was informed my receiver was currently in Duo mode and asked if I wanted to switch back to Solo (but I never switched to Duo to begin with...) I clicked on Yes, but the mode didn't change to Solo, it stayed in Duo. After a few more unsuccessful tries via the Settings menu, I decided to soft reboot, and the 922 automatically came back in Solo mode after the reboot process ended. Everything has been working fine since.

#20 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Had an issue last night, which I haven't experienced before receiving S1.18. I always have my 922 in Solo mode. Last night PIP wouldn't pop up, so I checked the settings and under the Solo / Duo menu I was informed my receiver was currently in Duo mode and asked if I wanted to switch back to Solo (but I never switched to Duo to begin with...) I clicked on Yes, but the mode didn't change to Solo, it stayed in Duo. After a few more unsuccessful tries via the Settings menu, I decided to soft reboot, and the 922 automatically came back in Solo mode after the reboot process ended. Everything has been working fine since.

Had you recently engaged Sling?

Sling puts the receiver in dual mode... and every once in a while it doesn't put it back into solo mode.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall