Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Basketball HOF ballot announced

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 05:49 AM

The nominees
Players
Magic Johnson
Maurice Cheeks
Adrian Dantley
Bobby Jones
Chet Walker
James Worthy

Coaches
Larry Brown
Lefty Driesell
Lute Olson
Bill Sharman
Eddie Sutton

Contributors
Jerry Colangelo
Tex Winter
Junius Kellogg
Harlem Globetrotters

Veterans
Earl Lloyd
Forrest Anderson
Grady Lewis

Women
Cathy Rush
Kay Yow
Harley Redin

International
Dino Meneghin
Drazen Petrovic
Pedro Ferrandiz

Lefty DEFINITELY deserves in. So does Larry Brown and Lute Olson. Johnson and Worthy are locks, and I'd love to see Mo Cheeks get in, too. Globetrotters would be a nice addition as well.
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 04:14 PM

Drazen Petrovic

At the risk of being morbid... What did he ever do?

#3 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 11:05 PM

I know what you mean James, (good point) just remember they only fall under the International Catagory......that would be the only way I would vote them in. :)

I think he deserved it.
Apart from posthumous reasons, Drazen and Arvidas Sabonis can be easily considered the all-time best european players.

Regarding Pedro Ferrandiz:
For those who hasn't ever heard of him (most of you, I guess), he's one of the brightest coaches and basketball knowledgeables in Europe. He nowadays has a great basketball foundation (like a basketball museum)in Spain.

Just for curious, he is one of those who made a rule to be invented. It was back in the 60's when he was coaching Real Madrid (at that time the best european team) in a playoffs matchup against a Russian team, I think. The eliminatory consisted in two games (one home and one away) so not only winning matters but also the points difference. In the first of these games (away) and with about 5 seconds left the game was tied. Real Madrid had the ball and Ferrándiz ordered one of his players to do something nobody had seen before. The player obeyed and scored in his own basket!! Why?? Because many of Real's best players were fouled out and if the game would've gone into overtime (the tie would force it) their opponents would've won by more points.
Then, in the second game played in Madrid, Real came back from that 2 points deficit and reached the next round.
It was considered like a genious movement by many and others called him tricky.
But it was due to him that the rule that says it won't be valid to score deliberately in one's own basket.

ok , Im done boring all of you with this.

Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#4 OFFLINE   Mike

Mike

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 09:53 AM

Originally posted by John Corn
ok , Im done boring all of you with this.

:D

Magic and Worthy from your World Champion Lakers, Lute and Colangelo all deserve it.

Magic and Worthy, that's obvious. Just look at the banners at the Forum and now the reprints at Staples.

Lute is a darn good coach with the Wildcats.

Jerry has done a lot in Phoenix not only with the Suns, but the D'Backs (even if the team is in money problems). He's built new stadiums in downtown Phoenix and just totally revitalized a once run-down neighborhood.

spam firewall