Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Diablo III

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,825 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Anyone planning on getting and playing this game? I know a co-worker who is taking a few days off just to play.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yep, I'm all over it. Never touched WOW, I know it would have consumed my life:) Every other Blizzard title I have played and loved, the original Diablo was fantastic, "fresh meat" from the butcher still haunts my dreams. 2 was great as well but was more of an action RPG, I really want to see the horror back in 3 but it looks too bright and cartoony for that. Either way it will be worthy of a purchase because Blizzard is seemingly immune to producing garbage.

#3 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Pre-ordered it. I also upgraded my video card, installed an SSD, and getting a gaming mouse. I'm ready! :lol:
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#4 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

CE up for order at

http://www.walmart.c...Mac-PC/19237344

#5 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Couple days of play time in, I'm impressed. Deja vu big time, this is a super old-school approach with updated graphics and interface. Lots of old friends from the original two and non-stop action. Almost through act one, two thumbs up so far!
Edit: Wish Blizzard had done Fallout 3 instead of Bethesda. Don't get me wrong, loved FO3, but Blizzard would have done it justice.

#6 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Curious on your thoughts now after 1.03 Patch and assuming you reached inferno before said patch. Put just over 100 hours in and hit the inferno Act 2 wall, personally refuse to pay real money for items in the game so that is about it for my Diablo 3 gaming. Probably a good thing I spent hundreds of hours leveling to 99 in D2 and farming for elite items, no better feeling than finding a Windforce bow or the highest MF charms. Don't get the same joy out of it with D3, which is what they intended with the Real money auction that they get a cut of.

Aside from the $60 in the game I had to drop another $100 to update my video card just refuse to pay hundreds more to be able to finish the game.

#7 OFFLINE   inf0z

inf0z

Legend

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Damage from Inferno mobs has been reduced by a lot. I find D3 end game to be boring. EverQuest and WoW had much better end games.

spam firewall