Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote never plays where I press play in fast forward

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rschmitty

rschmitty

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

I tried searching but could not find anything (could be I'm not sure what to search for...)

Anywho, is there a way to have the DVR play where you tell it to play? If I'm in 3x or 4x FF I find myself having to go past the point I want to start play from.

Or if I try to play as soon as I see my show come back, it warps me back like a minute and I have to fast forward again.

Are they trying to compensate for slow old people with reaction times on the level that merit having their drivers licensed banned?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Almost all DVR's have auto-correction although the degree varies (even among D* DVR's).

You'll soon get used to it and be able to stop your shows exactly where you want.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Almost all DVR's have auto-correction although the degree varies (even among D* DVR's).

You'll soon get used to it and be able to stop your shows exactly where you want.

+1.

I find that using 3x makes it easy to judge when to hit play with just a bit of practice.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   rschmitty

rschmitty

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oh I'm used to it alright. It's just that most shows go to commercial leaving you on a cliffhanger, and the "go past so you can stop earlier" ruins some things

For example when I had to work Sunday during football season and played it on DVR when I get home you can see a busted play happen before it happens

Just annoying, wishing you could turn it off :(

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I watch all sports time delayed and never have that problem, because they rarely return right to the action.

If I fear a cliffhangar or something similar, I just use 30 second slip instead.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Oh I'm used to it alright. It's just that most shows go to commercial leaving you on a cliffhanger, and the "go past so you can stop earlier" ruins some things

For example when I had to work Sunday during football season and played it on DVR when I get home you can see a busted play happen before it happens

Just annoying, wishing you could turn it off :(

Use 30 second skip instead of FF.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

It used to be that if you pressed "pause" there would be no "auto correct" when stopping FF. Unfortunately, with the new software, they have essentially removed the pause function from the pause button, so it doesn't work anymore. What I have found is that if I stop FF by hitting the 6 sec rewind button, it will almost always stop only a second or two prior to where I pushed the button instead of the up to 30 it does when pressing play.

SMK

spam firewall