Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harry's Law cancelled

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

NBC has made it official, it's gone. It's a bit disappointing as they had improved the Cincinnati aspect from the first season.

But you can now see the inside of the real Arnold's. Unlike other shows, the hangout is real. Be sure to check out the upstairs for the surprise and the courtyard. It's a cool place.

http://bit.ly/IJOw8I

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,598 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Seems for every 4 new shows...3 get cancelled. In some cases...they pick the wrong ones to get the axe.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

That's a damn shame as the wife and I liked the show.

:soapbox:
Although I love to DVR things, it seems to be the end all be all for the canecellation of alot of my shows in terms of the ratings they look at.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

It sounds like it was a very popular show, but not with the magic demographic.

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,173 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

It sounds like it was a very popular show, but not with the magic demographic.

There's the 18-35 demo, then there's the rest of us. Odd how those brilliant network <35 y.o. tv programmers cater to the wrong demo. :scratch:

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

And then there's the 18-35 year old that doesn't fit in the typical viewing demographic...

#7 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

But for all of that, it was the 2nd most watched drama they had. For the life of me, that doesn't make any sense at all. And if it missed a younger demographic, what moron thought a show like this, with the cast they had, was going to be attractive to that demographic?

But when you have young pinhead marketing types making the decisions, this is what you get.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#8 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,003 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

The GF will be pissed. She has to watch all of those lawyer shows.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#9 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

But for all of that, it was the 2nd most watched drama they had. For the life of me, that doesn't make any sense at all. And if it missed a younger demographic, what moron thought a show like this, with the cast they had, was going to be attractive to that demographic?

But when you have young pinhead marketing types making the decisions, this is what you get.

Other than locale, what attracted me to it was Kathy Bates. I've always liked her.

#10 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

I thought they might give it another season, but it's NBC.

Regarding scripted programming, they already gave away the live plus same day 18-49 demo which is shrinking year-by-year. Now there trying to get rid of the much larger live plus same day 50+ crowd.

Oh well....

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#11 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's too bad, this is one my wife and I liked to watch together. Granted I liked the first season better, season two sorta became Boston Legal in Cincinnati with Kathy Bates instead of Shatner. I'm sorta surprised though, I wasn't aware that NBC had so many high-rated shows that they could afford to dump a show with what had at least half-way decent ratings or at least half-way decent for their network.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#12 OFFLINE   txtommy

txtommy

Icon

• Registered
  • 802 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

This was the only show we watched on NBC on a regular basis. I suppose they'll replace it with another stupid reality show. Looks like we can remove NBC from our menu.
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” -- Rogers Hornsby

#13 OFFLINE   stewdog1

stewdog1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Asinine move by NBC, agreed.

I liked Kathy's dig at that demo at the beginning when she was getting out of bed and mentioning it sucks getting old and that life was much better between the ages of 18 and 49.

#14 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,232 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

I liked Kathy's dig at that demo at the beginning when she was getting out of bed and mentioning it sucks getting old and that life was much better between the ages of 18 and 49.

That was funny.

#15 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

We liked the show but I think they changed it too much from what made it quirky and fun the first season. Both Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen left early in season two and it just changed the overall feel of the show too much for me. Kathy Bates was pretty much the only thing left to carry the show.

#16 OFFLINE   stewdog1

stewdog1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

We liked the show but I think they changed it too much from what made it quirky and fun the first season. Both Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen left early in season two and it just changed the overall feel of the show too much for me. Kathy Bates was pretty much the only thing left to carry the show.

I kinda agree. However, they really neutered Tommy Jefferson, which made a bigger difference. Has even been seen in the court room doing his thing more than once or twice this season?

#17 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

This is pretty cool for Arnold's.

http://news.cincinna...dyssey=nav|head

spam firewall