Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Saturday's NBC Game Rangers Devils

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Well, I started the last one in this vein, so.........The Preakness is Saturday and I don't live in NY so NBC's plan for a possible Saturday overtime is???????????

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well, I started the last one in this vein, so.........The Preakness is Saturday and I don't live in NY so NBC's plan for a possible Saturday overtime is???????????

any on of listed channel
NBCSN, CNBC, NHL NET.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#3 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,247 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

In the past, NBC didn't officially announce their plans until the Thursday before the race.

If it is like the Derby, then the first OT will be on NBC, anything past that went to CNBC (although the first announcement was it was going to NBC Sports).

(this thread probably should be under sports programming and not DirecTV General Discussion as this isn't specific to DirecTV)

#4 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

The game starts at 1pm on Saturday. I doubt it's an issue but alot of NY'ers will be pissed if they have to change channels to watch the end of the game.

If the game goes really late I would say the race goes to NBC Sports Network.

Edited by Boston_bill, 13 May 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

If anyone thinks any part of the game will be on NHL Network or CNBC, they're crazy.

#6 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,247 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

If anyone thinks any part of the game will be on NHL Network or CNBC, they're crazy.

I agree with you comment about the NHL Network, but why not CNBC? That was the plan if the game last week went past the 1st OT and conflicted with the Kentucky Derby pre-race events.

#7 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Okay, you are already get worked up over nothing. They will have plenty of time to complete the game and overtime of needed. Why worry about it now? Stress about it of it actually goes longer.
Go Big Red!!!

#8 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

In the past, NBC didn't officially announce their plans until the Thursday before the race.

If it is like the Derby, then the first OT will be on NBC, anything past that went to CNBC (although the first announcement was it was going to NBC Sports).

(this thread probably should be under sports programming and not DirecTV General Discussion as this isn't specific to DirecTV)

Actually, in that second announcement they said that 2 full overtimes would be shown on NBC and anything beyond that would be shown on CNBC.

#9 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Okay, you are already get worked up over nothing. They will have plenty of time to complete the game and overtime of needed. Why worry about it now? Stress about it of it actually goes longer.

I really don't see it being a major concern. Very doubtful the hockey game goes past 5pm.

#10 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

I really don't see it being a major concern. Very doubtful the hockey game goes past 5pm.

i agree!

#11 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,247 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

It won't be a concern even if it goes into multiple OTs. I have a device called a remote control which enables me to change to the 'new' channel without even getting off the sofa.

#12 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

It won't be a concern even if it goes into multiple OTs. I have a device called a remote control which enables me to change to the 'new' channel without even getting off the sofa.

This.

#13 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

So do I, but I also have a device called a DVR and it lets me watch the game at a time of my own choosing and if I do not set it to record a particular channel at a particular time it does not do so, so if it is a very long game I might sit down to watch at, say 7PM local time and miss the deciding goal in the 3rd overtime.

#14 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

So do I, but I also have a device called a DVR and it lets me watch the game at a time of my own choosing and if I do not set it to record a particular channel at a particular time it does not do so, so if it is a very long game I might sit down to watch at, say 7PM local time and miss the deciding goal in the 3rd overtime.

Life is harsh.

#15 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

And that's why you extend the recording time for 30 minutes.
Go Big Red!!!

#16 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,639 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Funny thing about that remote, though, it cannot go back in time and change the channels when you get home from life and want to watch the game on your DVR. That is a serious problem for us on the West Coast where all the East Coast games are really early!

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#17 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

:lol:

#18 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,247 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Funny thing about that remote, though, it cannot go back in time and change the channels when you get home from life and want to watch the game on your DVR. That is a serious problem for us on the West Coast where all the East Coast games are really early!

I guess I was applying my own ideals where real hockey fans wouldn't miss watching a play-off game live. :D

But in all seriousness, set your DVR for the first four to five hours on NBC and then starting at 4:30 for another three hours for whatever channel NBC announces they will shift to if the game goes into multiple OTs. You'll most likely end up with a bunch of non-hockey recordings, but it is easy to delete those hours later.

#19 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

I guess I was applying my own ideals where real hockey fans wouldn't miss watching a play-off game live. :D

But in all seriousness, set your DVR for the first four to five hours on NBC and then starting at 4:30 for another three hours for whatever channel NBC announces they will shift to if the game goes into multiple OTs. You'll most likely end up with a bunch of non-hockey recordings, but it is easy to delete those hours later.

This!

Rocket Science, it's not.

Should pose zero problems to any Hockey fans out there.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#20 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

This!

Rocket Science, it's not.

Should pose zero problems to any Hockey fans out there.

That is what I will do, but it is hard to do this without knowing which channel. :lol:

spam firewall