Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New RF remote funky - conincidence

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chefwong

chefwong

Legend

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I know alot of ya'll have complained about the new gui and slowness.
I did not have this issue

The ON button on my DTV remote was acting up. RF based.
Got a new one.
Programmed and all that jazz.

However, there is a huge delay if not issue with the buttons.
Oftentimes if I press a # once, it may register to the reciever 2X.
So pressing 5 may = 55.
Or at times, due to unresponsiveness and not knowing if keys worked, channl 5555
It's very finicky when pressing any # buttons on the remote.
I've resorted to just scrolling up and down on the guide.

Anyone seen similar issues.
I DID NOT have this problem with the previous remote. The on buttton just was *sticky* which prompted the replacement

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Floyd

Floyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

I also use the RF remotes with a couple of receivers and noticed the double-key or keybounce problem appear a couple of SW updates ago. This is happening with two of my receivers, a HR20-100 and a HR20-700.
The problem exhibits as extra hits coming from the remote as described in the previous post. I can also see it when scrolling, which makes it aggravating when using the smart search feature and trying to move the cursor around the alphabet screen to spell out a title. I'm not saying the remote is sending extra hits, but the receiver is adding hits somehow. To test for this anomaly I go to the guide screen and use the up/down buttons to scroll up-5 and then down-5. When there is a double-hit the guide will shift up or down to show the extra hit, since there are 6 lines displayed. I often get one extra hit per 10 clicks, but today the problem is almost non-existant....1 extra hit per hundred clicks or so.
I haven't seen a lot of comments about this problem, but I am waiting for a new NR that hopefully will fix it inadvertly.

#3 OFFLINE   chefwong

chefwong

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

What's odd is that it only happened when I got the new remote....
Hmm....let me try the old RF remote with the bad on button.
I'd be curious on the A/B behaviour...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...